Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Langan's Brasserie

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
Anyone ever been to this posh restaurant in London? Going there tonight and am just wondering what its like.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
went for my brothers birthday last year as he lievs in london now, cant remember much but the service was quite fast

Last edited:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
used to very good years ago, imagine that it must be a bit dated but good food still or it would have changed over by now.

the one in brighton was a bit of a disaster if i remember rightly!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've been there 3-4 times - in fact, I set the record there for a longest-ever lunch with work still to do whilst with my previous company. I'm not a fan of the food at all - it's hugely overpriced and just not that good or interesting - but the room is nice enough.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lush said:
What is it about Langans that not a lot of people know?
You can't order the souffle upstairs?

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
A mate of mine went on bended knee there one evening to ask his then girlfriend to marry him. She said yes - everyone clapped - he ordered champagne.....and she dumped him the next day!

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's true about the souffle! Because it would go flat again by the time they bring it to your table upstairs.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
when richard shepard was head chef many years ago,late 80s it was the dogs,dont know what its like nw as i havent been,but by remarks fron people in trade,its crap

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I've never been to Langan's but have been to Shepherds and that is rubbish - really poor and over-rated. But I did get hog-whimperingly, blind drunk because someone else was paying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here