Border country.East Preston.
Dont watch it? Impossible

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dont watch it? Impossible
I couldn't watch that.
I'd be so angry as I know more than enough to know where the lies are.
But I'll also be watching knowing others will be watching and believing it all.
That would do my head in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cycle Sport Magazine have an in depth interview with Francesca Rossi, the director of of the Cycling Anti-Doping Federation.

As yet I can't find a t'internet copy, but there's some pretty interesting stuff surrounding biological passpaorts.

8 riders sanctioned within 2 years of the P/Port being introduced.
1 since June 2010.

The passport doesn't stop doping but 'people are feeling more checked , more controlled. We are seeing profiles changing, calming down - this is the detrimental effect'.

Some riders have over 60 samples collected (these form the graph within the passport).

On average in 2011 riders were tested just under 5 times, 3 blood 2 urine.

How do others sports compare?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ladbrokes:-

Cycling / Cycling Specials
Lance Armstrong to mention any of these phrases
Time Event Selection Odds More
15 Jan. 17:00

Lance Armstrong Specials
Livestrong 1/8
Sorry 1/4
Apologise 1/4
Confess evens
Conspiracy 1/2
Innocent evens
David Walsh 2/1
Paul Kimmage 2/1
Sunday Times 4/1
British press/media 4/1
Witch hunt 2/1
Integrity 6/4
Never tested positive evens
Team Sky 8/1
Bradley Wiggins 4/1
Sir David Brailsford 8/1
USADA 4/6
WADA 6/4
Tour de France 1/8
Floyd Landis 4/1
Tyler Hamilton 6/4
George Hincapie 4/1
Johan Bruyneel 4/1
Dr. Ferrari evens
EPO 6/4

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
... odd double post.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
May have a punt on Team Sky at 8/1 :rolleyes:
No chance, Lance isn't interested in actual cycling neither is Oprah or the audience, in and out of the studio.

2/1 on Witch Hunt seems pretty good odds!
That's the better bet, but again he won't be naming Walsh and Kimmage for the above reason.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Landis at 4/1. That would be a good shout
I just don't see him giving air time to anybody other than Lance.

'So Lance what do you think about Floyd/Tyler/David/Paul'.
'Well other people have always been jealous of me... blah blah blah'

I'd imagine Big George at 4's might be the except.
He was loyal up until the Grand Jury, and surely even Lance must see even that's bigger than him.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
9pm tonight, BBC Radio 5 Live "special" on Lance, may give it a listen and completely blank (try) his interview.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Remind me, when is the Oprah interview - UK time.

I was really dismissive but I can't help thinking curiosity will get the better of me.
Then the sweep stake should be, how long will I last?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2am or 5am saturday morning (friday night)
:lol:
I was just about to scream :-

'you're not getting me on cycling'

momentarily forgetting I'd asked the question.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
No need to watch Oprah

Lance Armstrong Apologises To Staff Before Interview... | Stuff.co.nz

LATEST: Lance Armstrong has confessed to Oprah Winfrey that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France, a person familiar with the situation says.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the interview is to be broadcast Thursday (US time) on Winfrey's network.

Armstrong was stripped of all seven Tour titles last year following a voluminous US Anti-Doping Agency report that portrayed him as a ruthless competitor, willing to go to any lengths to win the prestigious race.

USADA chief executive Travis Tygart labeled the doping regimen allegedly carried out by the US Postal Service team that Armstrong once led, "The most sophisticated, professionalised and successful doping programme that sport has ever seen."

After a federal investigation of the cyclist was dropped without charges being brought last year, USADA stepped in with an investigation of its own. The agency deposed 11 former teammates and accused Armstrong of masterminding a complex and brazen drug programme that included steroids, blood boosters and a range of other performance-enhancers.

A group of about 10 close friends and advisers to Armstrong left a downtown Austin hotel about three hours after they arrived for the taping. Among them were Armstrong's attorneys Tim Herman and Sean Breen, along with Bill Stapleton, Armstrong's longtime agent, manager and business partner. All declined comment entering and exiting the session.

Soon afterward, Winfrey tweeted: "Just wrapped with (at)lancearmstrong More than 2 1/2 hours. He came READY!" She was scheduled to appear on "CBS This Morning" tomorrow to discuss the interview.

In a text to the Associated Press on Saturday, Armstrong said: "I told her (Winfrey) to go wherever she wants and I'll answer the questions directly, honestly and candidly. That's all I can say."

Armstrong stopped at the Livestrong Foundation, which he founded, on his way to the interview and said, "I'm sorry" to staff members, some of whom broke down in tears. A person with knowledge of that session said Armstrong choked up and several employees cried during the session.

The person also said Armstrong apologised for letting the staff down and putting Livestrong at risk but he did not make a direct confession to using banned drugs.

He said he would try to restore the foundation's reputation, and urged the group to continue fighting for the charity's mission of helping cancer patients and their families.

Armstrong spoke to a room full of about 100 staff members for about 20 minutes, expressing regret for everything the controversy has put them through, the person said.

He told them how much the foundation means to him and that he considers the people who work there to be like members of his family. None of the people in the room challenged Armstrong over his long denials of doping.

Winfrey and her crew had earlier said they would film the interview at Armstrong's home. As a result, local and international news crews were encamped near the cyclist's Spanish-style villa before dawn.

Armstrong still managed to slip away for a run despite the crowds outside his home. He returned by cutting through a neighbour's yard and hopping a fence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet] 290940181790486528 [/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports