Lance Armstrong ends fight against doping charges

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Kimmage

Pending the independent commission's report next year, the UCI management committee also opted to seek the suspension of the defamation case against the journalist and former rider Paul Kimmage, launched earlier this year by UCI president Pat McQuaid, honorary president Hein Verbruggen and the governing body itself.

"UCI President Pat McQuaid and Honorary President Hein Verbruggen who are individual parties to the case will similarly seek to put their cases on hold," the UCI statement read.

As recently as Monday, McQuaid insisted that he would not drop his case against Kimmage. Over $80,000 dollars have been raised by an internet defence fund established in support of Kimmage.
That'll learn me for reading my emails and posting on NSC within 10 minutes of waking up. Suspended/dropped - close

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That'll learn me for reading my emails and posting on NSC within 10 minutes of waking up. Suspended/dropped - close
One mans suspended is another mans quietly buried.

Kimmage should counter sue, just so he can still get all the dirt out there.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
More fallout. Yates is a big name in British cycling and the team Sky setup.

A6PoQDzCAAA766n.jpg

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You thought/typed wrong.

Indeed, I am very surprised that cycling would want to have "blank" years in their record books. To basically say "yep, our sport was so riddled with drug-taking in that period that we can't find anyone worthy of being called the CHAMPION for SEVEN YEARS" is quite astonishing. It really is very damning of a sport I enjoy very much.

Very, very sad times for cycling.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Bobby Jullich admits taking EPO and leaves Team Sky with imediate effect. Lets hope this does not affect Froome's atempt of the Tour de France as he was brought in as his personal mentor.

BBC Sport - Team Sky part with coach Bobby Julich after doping admission

It advances this thread not one iota, but for what it's worth I inject EPO every 10 days - in fact I've just realised I forgot to do it yesterday, something to look forward to tonight now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whoops

t55261.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to forget it !!! Actually the thought of injecting yourself is a big hurdle, but this needle is so fine, you don't really feel it. I still can't watch though.
Obviously not making light of your terrible situation, but thanks for that reality check

The thought of what these tw@ts did, and how I can almost 'accept' it, as part of the routine is incredible.
I guess the thought of getting a bag of blood from the back of your fridge and transfusing yourself would be tough, too.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Obviously not making light of your terrible situation, but thanks for that reality check

The thought of what these tw@ts did, and how I can almost 'accept' it, as part of the routine is incredible.
I guess the thought of getting a bag of blood from the back of your fridge and transfusing yourself would be tough, too.

If the rewards are big enough, people will put up with anything, really. Not something any normal person would consider, I would think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Third behind Contador :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports