Lance Armstrong ends fight against doping charges

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Lance still won 7 TdFs. It was a very dirty period of the sport, and he was just more juiced than the rest of the juiced field.

It was a field populated with cheats. Lance's cheating was more efficient than the rest. Nothing more, nothing less.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Lance still won 7 TdFs. It was a very dirty period of the sport, and he was just more juiced than the rest of the juiced field.

It was a field populated with cheats. Lance's cheating was more efficient than the rest. Nothing more, nothing less.

No - he was (is) an arrogant, bullying egomaniac who destroyed the lives and careers of those who spoke against him and his 'team'.

I'd like to see his name kept in the winner's slot and highlighted in red with an asterisk to denote 'convicted of sporting fraud by way of illegal drug use'. I'd like this same situation applied to EVERY winner subsequently found guilty
of similar things. This should not be brushed under the carpet but be held up for all kids and new riders to see. It will instil the message 'if you EVER cheat to win we'll let EVERYONE know about it FOREVER you cheating scumbag'.

Schleck

Oct 22, 2012
No - he was (is) an arrogant, bullying egomaniac who destroyed the lives and careers of those who spoke against him and his 'team'.

I'd like to see his name kept in the winner's slot and highlighted in red with an asterisk to denote 'convicted of sporting fraud by way of illegal drug use'. I'd like this same situation applied to EVERY winner subsequently found guilty
of similar things. This should not be brushed under the carpet but be held up for all kids and new riders to see. It will instil the message 'if you EVER cheat to win we'll let EVERYONE know about it FOREVER you cheating scumbag'.

Most Americans are arrogant, but surely HIM AND HIS TEAM "ran the most sophisticated doping scheme in the sports history".
It's all good saying that he's a cheating scumbag (that he is) but in the dark days of cycling, you may have gone in with the mentality of not doping but if you wanted to win (even if you were the best if no-one doped) you could only win by doping, and you have to feel sorry if you were in the top 15 and didn't dope.
I myself would of liked it to have stayed hidden, but once again it brings the sport into disrepute on the back of the Olympics and Wiggins TDF which swept cycling in the UK.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andy or Frank?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Or Johny?

Andy imo is better, younger and cleaner (to my knowledge) and a shame that his 2010 win was covered by contador, while Frank is a doping cheat, but the two together are formidable in RadioShack.

Andy would be formidable in any team, if he didn't have to sit around and wait for his slow older brother. Now Franck is out of the scene for a bit we may see what Andy can really do (and I hope for cycling's sake that he is clean).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andy would be formidable in any team, if he didn't have to sit around and wait for his slow older brother. Now Franck is out of the scene for a bit we may see what Andy can really do (and I hope for cycling's sake that he is clean).
Right up until the point in time where he puts a time trial helmet on.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Welcome aboard Schleck. You may find NSC's cycling geeks are not big fans of the Schleck brothers. If I could be bothered I would hunt out a post from the 2011 Tour thread that sums up my feelings towards these two wasters, it was top rant even if I do say so myself.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Welcome aboard Schleck. You may find NSC's cycling geeks are not big fans of the Schleck brothers. If I could be bothered I would hunt out a post from the 2011 Tour thread that sums up my feelings towards these two wasters, it was top rant even if I do say so myself.

I'm the exception that proves the rule. I like Andy (Frank is a waster though).

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

I reckon he was juiced. Bruyneel plus dodgy Frank and the Ferrari associations are a bit suspect.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lance still won 7 TdFs.
Wrong. He never won the TdF. Fact :laugh:

It was a very dirty period of the sport, and he was just more juiced than the rest of the juiced field.

While it's true he was better at doping, and keeping his team doped, than the opposition were, that's not the aim of the sport. You might as well say one of the cameramen won the tours on a motorbike. There were at least some riders that were clean, and they are the rightful winners, even if we don't know who they are. What we do know, is that LA never won. :laugh:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Will his ego ever allow him to remove his '7 Times Tour de France Winner' claim from his Twitter front page.

Yes, as it transpires! -

proxy.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well the real fight against dopers starts on Lance now, Christian Prudhomme wants about 2.5 million pounds of prize money returned, and a Texan insurance firm wants £11 million pounds returned it payed out for him winning something like his 3,4,5 tour, the money increasing as he won more, sounds like a bet, but hey thats insurance.

Meanwhile, Armstrong has been asked to repay a disputed bonus payment.
The 41 year-old received a bonus payment of $5 million after a legal battle with SCA Promotions, who had declined to pay the sum in the belief the American had doped to win his seven Tour titles.
Jeff Tillotson, lawyer for SCA Promotions, said: "It is inappropriate and improper for him to keep those bonus amounts and we will be demanding them back and pursuing appropriate legal action if he does not return them."

Its going to keep his legal team very busy and hopefully will start eating into his millions..

I wonder when we can start claiming back our ferry tickets and camp site pitch fees, reckon I'm owed a few quid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bizarrely enough I vaguely remember that, now you mention it.

I think you got in first while the rest of us were still lacing up our giant 'shoeing' boots.

Oh the fun we had kicking his carcase around.

Simpler times, happy days :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports