Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lancashire vs Durham

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I hope they're having a nice lunch too. One fit for champions.

Edit: Who's up for a spot of gardening at the Rose Bowl on Tuesday night? I need a bit of help with half a ton of concrete (to make the wicket perfectly flat for them, of course)

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's looking increasingly likely that Sussex and Lancashire will go into the final game eight points apart. What it will mean is that Sussex then require 14 points to guarantee the title. In other words, a victory, assuming Lancashire win. If the teams finish on level points, Sussex are champions.

Anyone else nervous?

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lord Bracknell said:
356/7 now.

Will they reach 400?
Don't be silly. They'll reach 500 in the next couple of hours, declare, then bowl out Durham for 16 in half an hour. Lancs are the champions elect.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
379/7

congratulations Lancs

as we all know, you deserve it

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
448-7

Lead of 76.

Come on Lancs. We know you can do it.

Can't get into this Lancashire elect crap.

You're giving them too much credit againgst Hampshire and not enough credit to us.

C''mon Sussex.

Durham 372 v Lancashire 482-8 dec
Match scorecard

Cork cut loose in his first century of the season

Dominic Cork made his highest score in six years to give Lancashire a slight chance of victory over Durham.

Cork hit a blistering 154 from 183 balls and Lancs declared on 482-8 at tea on the final day, 110 ahead, needing 10 wickets in two hours.

The home side had begun the day 210-5, simply searching for batting points, and lost Glen Chapple (40) early on.

But Cork joined Luke Sutton (36) in a stand of 105 for the seventh wicket and Tom Smith added an unbeaten 40.

With their bonus points in the bag, Lancs would close the gap on leaders Sussex to eight points with a draw but could overhaul them with victory.

Lancashire suffered an early setback when Chapple fell to a fine first-slip catch by Jimmy Maher.

An aggressive Cork soon overtook Sutton although he too was reprieved over a leg-before decision off Paul Wiseman.

Durham 2nd Innings

Total for 1 15 (6.2 ovs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here