Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Lancashire v Sussex Royal London one day cup

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shouldn't this be renamed "The Three Hundred"?

There is to be a new competition called the 'None'.

Everyone turns up, silly music is played every five minutes and the bars, as usual, are open and flowing.

Stumps are set up in the middle. The players go on, umpires signal play then remove the bails and walk off.

Hoping to attract people who really hate the game as opposed to those who care little for it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great effort by the Sussex youngsters, six out of the XI were teenagers (plus one 20 year old, one 21 and one 22). Four wickets for Archie Lenham on hos 17th. birthday. What a fabulous day's cricket - just a shame about the result.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great effort by the Sussex youngsters, six out of the XI were teenagers (plus one 20 year old, one 21 and one 22). Four wickets for Archie Lenham on hos 17th. birthday. What a fabulous day's cricket - just a shame about the result.

Nine, nine players were making their List A debut, with an average age of 20. To push a team of old sweats like that right to the wire is a great effort - this team will only get better

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Nine, nine players were making their List A debut, with an average age of 20. To push a team of old sweats like that right to the wire is a great effort - this team will only get better

So frustrating not to get over the line though !

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There is to be a new competition called the 'None'.

Everyone turns up, silly music is played every five minutes and the bars, as usual, are open and flowing.

Stumps are set up in the middle. The players go on, umpires signal play then remove the bails and walk off.

Hoping to attract people who really hate the game as opposed to those who care little for it.

I heard they were going to call this American Cricket

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yes, I think in context Sussex are having a really good season.

It's good that cricket fans are more patient than the Wendyball types like... err... us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

'A' list? What is that - one day games? I think I've seen pretty much all of today's team playing for Sussex this season thanks to the excellent online coverage, except for, I think, Sarro and Coles - so what is the debut?
Six teenagers in the team in itself is good for me!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
'A' list? What is that - one day games?

Yes.

We didn't have the competition last year and it's the first game this season. Only Head and Beer have played 50-over games before

They'll learn from this: Lenham lost control in his spell and Crocombe's no ball was a killer blow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here