Attachments

• IMG_6416.jpeg
    IMG_6416.jpeg
    801.5 KB · Views: 337

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can a MOD please change the thread title, a combination of fat fingers and spellcheck.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He left Albion to join Exeter when we swapped him and John Templeman for Fred Binney

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
He left Albion to join Exeter when we swapped him and John Templeman for Fred Binney
And revealed a darker side to Peter Taylor (Mk 1), John T had recently had his first child, was settled in a nice house and had not long signed a new contract at the Goldstone. He didn’t want to leave but was told by Taylor if he didn’t move to Exeter he (Taylor) would make sure John would sit out his contract rotting in the stiffs and then he’d ensure he’d put the word out and make sure he never played pro football in this country again.

I‘d imagine a bad reference from someone like Taylor would have scared most prospective clubs off back then.

But returning to the original theme, RIP Lammie.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Sad news indeed. I saw him play for the Albion back in early 1970s under Pat Saward. I’m sure he was at the book launch for ‘Bloody Southerners’ at the Caxton Arms a few years back. Also present was Andy Rollings, Peter O’Sullivan, Ian Goodwin and Tony Towner.
Sad news, lovely man and yes he was at the Caxton Arms book signing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
And revealed a darker side to Peter Taylor (Mk 1), John T had recently had his first child, was settled in a nice house and had not long signed a new contract at the Goldstone. He didn’t want to leave but was told by Taylor if he didn’t move to Exeter he (Taylor) would make sure John would sit out his contract rotting in the stiffs and then he’d ensure he’d put the word out and make sure he never played pro football in this country again.

I‘d imagine a bad reference from someone like Taylor would have scared most prospective clubs off back then.

But returning to the original theme, RIP Lammie.
I have very little time for agents but looks like Templeman could have done with one then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here