lamborghini plonker crash in London, takes out 3 other cars

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ooooh errrrrrrrrrr missus, get you!!!! (4 as requested).

I do know about the hatched markings, I'm a driving instructor! (only one exclamation mark this time). Perhaps if you accept there is no real evidence that at the time of the accident the Lambo was driving excessively fast and recklessly and perhaps if you were willing to accept the experience of Box of Frogs who works in insurance plus my previous 25 years of dealing with insurance claims, including motor, then you wouldn't get every comment you make challenged. The fact is the Lamborghini had right of way and the Mazda pulled out in front of it. Other evidence may materialise to alter that but that is what is shown on the original video. It could be the black cab waived the Mazda out but it would still be the responsibility of the Mazda driver to check both ways. The Mazda's view may have been obscured by a bus, if so, why pull out until you can see it is safe! You however seem fixated on the speed the lamborghini at the exclusion of everything else!!! (I decided only three this time).

With all due respect I don't give a monkeys smelly arse if you are a driving instructor. I taught my 17 year old daughter to drive and she passed first time. And as for Box of Frogs’s experience he would have only dealt with normal bog standard claims without any video evidence to mitigate the circumstances.

The fact that you are a driving instructor is even more shocking and you should take some advice from Mellotron’s post #112

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Ooooh errrrrrrrrrr missus, get you!!!! (4 as requested).

I do know about the hatched markings, I'm a driving instructor! (only one exclamation mark this time). Perhaps if you accept there is no real evidence that at the time of the accident the Lambo was driving excessively fast and recklessly and perhaps if you were willing to accept the experience of Box of Frogs who works in insurance plus my previous 25 years of dealing with insurance claims, including motor, then you wouldn't get every comment you make challenged. The fact is the Lamborghini had right of way and the Mazda pulled out in front of it. Other evidence may materialise to alter that but that is what is shown on the original video. It could be the black cab waived the Mazda out but it would still be the responsibility of the Mazda driver to check both ways. The Mazda's view may have been obscured by a bus, if so, why pull out until you can see it is safe! You however seem fixated on the speed the lamborghini at the exclusion of everything else!!! (I decided only three this time).

Driving instructor? Good grief! I'd assumed from your stance on this thread that you were some hot petrol head.

I hope none of my kids come anywhere near you when they learn to drive; what's your company called?

D

Deleted member 18477

From an insurance point of view, unless they can prove that the Lambo was speeding I think the Mazda will be considered the one at fault.

Anyway, I'm sure it will buff out with a bit of T-Cut.

This. This. This.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Driving instructor? Good grief! I'd assumed from your stance on this thread that you were some hot petrol head.

I hope none of my kids come anywhere near you when they learn to drive; what's your company called?

Ha Ha. I'm not advocating speeding at all nor am I sugggesting the Lambo driver is a role model. I'm merely pointing out the liability issues as I believe the insurers are likely to view it. The lambourghini driver could probably do with some lessons about hazard perception but equally the driver of the Mazda could also do with some about effective observations when emerging.

http://www.rospa.com/faqs/detail.aspx?faq=298

You will see that 40% of all accidents involve someone who did not look properly.

One in five involve someone who failed to judge someone's speed/direction.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Does anyone think it's the camera mans fault? Could have been distracting both drivers?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sun catching his lens? Blinding both drivers?

Best theory out there IMO.

The 0.2" lens of a mobile phone? For a tenth of a second or so? Driver's responsibility to concentrate on what's going on around him/ her. You'd never in a million years pull that off in court.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
With all due respect I don't give a monkeys smelly arse if you are a driving instructor. I taught my 17 year old daughter to drive and she passed first time. And as for Box of Frogs’s experience he would have only dealt with normal bog standard claims without any video evidence to mitigate the circumstances.

The fact that you are a driving instructor is even more shocking and you should take some advice from Mellotron’s post #112

How do you know what claims I have dealt with?!?!

We have telematics nowadays where people have a video camera in their windscreen. When an accident occurs the memory card is collected and the video of the accident assessed for liability purposes.

And for your info, I deal with claims involving serious injuries and fatalities as a result of motor vehicle accidents.

Hope this helps!!!! (standard 4)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Congratulations on teaching your daughter. I assume you taught her to a better standard than the person that taught the Mazda driver. I don't need to take Mellotron's advice as I already practice it and teach it. On the other hand, you seem to know jack shit about insurance and determining liability. I've dealt with a wide cross section of insurance claims including motor and Box of Frogs seems to have even more relevant experience but you still don't believe us.`I'll say it again, based on the original video, the Mazda driver is 100% at fault. Additional evidence may come to light which may alter that, we'll just have to wait and see.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
How do you know what claims I have dealt with?!?!

We have telematics nowadays where people have a video camera in their windscreen. When an accident occurs the memory card is collected and the video of the accident assessed for liability purposes.

And for your info, I deal with claims involving serious injuries and fatalities as a result of motor vehicle accidents.

Hope this helps!!!! (standard 4)

I forgot that everyone in the UK has a video camera in their cars, which reminds me that I must get one.

Congratulations on teaching your daughter. I assume you taught her to a better standard than the person that taught the Mazda driver. I don't need to take Mellotron's advice as I already practice it and teach it. On the other hand, you seem to know jack shit about insurance and determining liability. I've dealt with a wide cross section of insurance claims including motor and Box of Frogs seems to have even more relevant experience but you still don't believe us.`I'll say it again, based on the original video, the Mazda driver is 100% at fault. Additional evidence may come to light which may alter that, we'll just have to wait and see.

Well let's hope the Lambo driver has a video camera in his car to help him with the speeding illusion that was created in the crash video. By the sound of it BOF is suggesting he would probably have had one installed which can be used as further evidence.

Anyway I am bored now and I suggest we return to this when we find out more, which we will, because of the very public and exceptional nature of the crash.

There are also other posters on here who have taken my line so I suggest that you should look elsewhere for your NSC fight.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I forgot that everyone in the UK has a video camera in their cars, which reminds me that I must get one.

Well let's hope the Lambo driver has a video camera in his car to help him with the speeding illusion that was created in the crash video. By the sound of it BOF is suggesting he would probably have had one installed which can be used as further evidence.

Anyway I am bored now and I suggest we return to this when we find out more, which we will, because of the very public and exceptional nature of the crash.

There are also other posters on here who have taken my line so I suggest that you should look elsewhere for your NSC fight.

Not every car, obviously!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Not sure of the percentage but it is becoming increasingly available to either have a camera or a data box.

Go and get a quote from Confused.com for example. One of the questions they ask is: Would you be willing to have your driving monitored by an electronic box which could reduce your insurance quote?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It's that time of year when they fly their cars to London & spend they're time speeding around the City. They don't worry about fines too much as they're minted.
Those that may have seen the documnetary on them will know who they are.
Good to see one of them come a cropper; tool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports