Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lamborghini plonker crash in London, takes out 3 other cars

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think the lamborghini is at fault, showing off to his passenger and speeding in what looks to be a 20mph zone.

What makes you think it is a 20mph zone?

She was driving too fast, the driver coming out of the turning took a chance, so many near misses similar to this situation happen every day. Shame that nice, black shiny car with those impressive doors is all dented and scratched though.

Rubbish. Apart from the fact we don't like knobs who drive fast cars, there is no evidence to suggest she was driving too fast. Had she been, there would have been considerably more damage and they would have come to a stop much further up the road. The accident is completely the fault of the driver pulling out of the side road who failed to make effective observations. Over revving is not a crime, just draws attention to your arrogance!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It'll probably be split liability. 70% Lambo - 30% Mazda.
Although the Lambo was clearly speeding and there's plenty of video evidence, Lambo driver could take all the heat as well as a few points.

Feel sorry for the Mazda driver.

Where exactly is the evidence that the Lambo was speeding. Have to agree with Badger and would suggest that the video does them a lot of favours and that the Mazda's insurers will be picking up a substantial bill!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
What makes you think it is a 20mph zone?

Rubbish. Apart from the fact we don't like knobs who drive fast cars, there is no evidence to suggest she was driving too fast. Had she been, there would have been considerably more damage and they would have come to a stop much further up the road. The accident is completely the fault of the driver pulling out of the side road who failed to make effective observations. Over revving is not a crime, just draws attention to your arrogance!!!

Well, you've got at least one fact wrong - as pointed out, "she" is a "he".

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Just checked it out on Googlemaps. Its Sloane Street, just off Sloane Square. Looks to be a 30 limit, but lots of pedestrian crossings and side streets in this stretch and a very busy part of London. Will be interesting to see if the Mazda's experts can determine if Lambo was travelling at a speed appropriate for this stretch of this road.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Maybe the lambo driver FLASHED the other car to pull out, then sped up as a PRANK?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Where exactly is the evidence that the Lambo was speeding. Have to agree with Badger and would suggest that the video does them a lot of favours and that the Mazda's insurers will be picking up a substantial bill!

You REALLY think he was doing under 20mph? Genuinely?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just checked it out on Googlemaps. Its Sloane Street, just off Sloane Square. Looks to be a 30 limit, but lots of pedestrian crossings and side streets in this stretch and a very busy part of London. Will be interesting to see if the Mazda's experts can determine if Lambo was travelling at a speed appropriate for this stretch of this road.

We can tell quite clearly from about 0.8seconsa footage that he wasn't driving at anywhere near an "appropriate" speed.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
How ???
Would be interested how you have judged its speed.

Will be quite easy to calculate the exact speed of both cars at the point of collision.

The length of the Lamborghini is known, all that needs to be done is count the number of frames it takes for the car to travel its own length and do the maths from there.

At first sight I would think it was travelling well below 30mph.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

It took him 100 ft to stop.

30mph stopping distance is 75 ft

40 mph stopping distance 118 ft

Bearing in mind it took him a 100 ft with the help from 3 cars to help him slow down I would suggest he was doing a lot more than 30mph and he was still accelerating.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

How ???
Would be interested how you have judged its speed.

Very close call. I Thought I read on the thread that it was a 20 mph road.

At the point of impact, the car appears to travel at approx. 12 - 15 mp/s before slowing (add approx 1.5 - 3.0 mp/s before impact on approach to junction).
If it's a 30 mph limit, he's probably fine. If it's a 20 mph limit, he's almost certainly at fault.

Speed on approach: 34-37 mph

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It took him 100 ft to stop.

30mph stopping distance is 75 ft

40 mph stopping distance 118 ft

Bearing in mind it took him a 100 ft with the help from 3 cars to help him slow down I would suggest he was doing a lot more than 30mph and he was still accelerating.

Half of that distance he was only on two wheels :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here