Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana SINGS extension to Summer 2024

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agreed. Both Milner and Lallana showed their worth last night, but I thought Lallana was sensational. Just about every touch paid off, and that says something given how high up the pitch he played. On a different group, it's been said that we were running out of ideas before we scored. I think the opposite, and looked more likely to score as the game progressed (we were vulnerable on the counter-attack too, but we defended them really well, bar that one that hit the post). Lallana was key to this for me, and it's worth highlighting the series of passes -- Dunk to van Hecke to Gilmour, touch by Lallana, touch by Gross -- that played Joao Pedro in for the goal.
I thought we were running out of ideas before they came on. Never in a million years would I have brought those two on at that point. I'd have brought them on if we'd have been 1-0 up with 15 to go. Another superb substitution by RDZ.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Look who we bought on today.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It’s incredible how many times our performance level drops off and we concede shortly after Lallana goes off.

Such a good player still. Wish we could find a younger version.
That can't be right. I know someone who posts on NSC and some other posters reckons Lallana is SHITEHOUSE.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Will he stay with us after the summer ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe but isn't his family in the Bournemouth area, where he comes from? Possibly why he is undecided yet as to where his future lies. It's a great set up at Brighton but it is a long commute.
Is he commuting from Bournemouth now? If not, why would he start doing it now? Not everybody winds up in their 'home' town, a couple of streets away from mum and dad!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Is he commuting from Bournemouth now? If not, why would he start doing it now? Not everybody winds up in their 'home' town, a couple of streets away from mum and dad!
I don’t honestly know but a few remarks he has made led me to that assumption. I assume he married a local girl when he grew up in that area and when they moved back south they settled back where their roots were. I don’t think he commutes daily but stays in Brighton most of the time. It wouldn’t surprise me if he makes the decision in the summer, as he has said himself. He may be offered another year playing but if he isn’t then he will make a decision on where to live. He is not absolutely sure he wants to be a coach, he says so himself.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The thought occurs that he has his foot in the door at the FA so he may see his future there? He is quite high profile and he may see that as a pathway to higher things. Didn’t do Southgate any harm. It may depend on how his Brighton career progresses.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Love watching him play. Fantastically quick feet, thinking one step ahead of those around him and ALWAYS scanning……watch his head, it’s incredible how he watches what is going on.
Great description.

He really was above everyone else for a spell there….

Got hacked down twice by Romero, who was very lucky to be on the pitch by half-time.

Terrible officials….

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He never switches off, even when he was walking off after being subbed he’s shouting out instructions to his team mates. His footballing brain and his feet are still as sharp as ever, it’s a shame the rest of his body can’t get him through 90 mins.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Love watching him play. Fantastically quick feet, thinking one step ahead of those around him and ALWAYS scanning……watch his head, it’s incredible how he watches what is going on.

Propper used to do the same. I went to the 4 frustrating home before lockdown and live got to see how he, as you say, was always scanning and thinking ahead.

Lallana was an upgrade and subsequently they had less than 10 mins on the pitch together.

Lallana is still a superb player and I'd be very happy if we get another season out of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here