Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana On Brighton Departure

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Hate to say it, but taking him off on Sunday handed the game to Man U
Really. I thought first half it was like we had ten men. He couldn’t run and was a passenger. I was pleased Enciso came on but unfortunately he was poor as were the rest of the team second half.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Absolutely right. ‘Farewell to a legend’ the club Insta said earlier.

I’m sorry, but 94 appearances over 4 years with only a handful of managing the full 90 minutes does not make you a legend.

Glenn Murray is a legend.
Lewis Dunk is a legend.
Bobby Zamora is a legend.
Peter Ward is a legend.

Adam Lallana is not. Not even close.
Sorry? Who?

I wouldn’t know him if I played him at pool in the King and Queen. :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Aspinall and Cantor thought the same.
Absolute leader on the pitch, and so aware of everything around him. May have the pace of my old nan (with her walking frame) but can create a yard or two of space for himself so easily, and pick a short pass. We almost always looked better when he was playing.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
You could say the same about Gilmour in the PL. Without looking it just now, I think those metrics were pitiful for us PL 2023/24.
Gilmour plays a lot deeper. Lallana is an attacking player who doesn’t create or score goals. Off the pitch he might be brilliant. This season in some games he has been a good influence but with no March and Mitoma we needed more than that from him.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Absolutely right. ‘Farewell to a legend’ the club Insta said earlier.

I’m sorry, but 94 appearances over 4 years with only a handful of managing the full 90 minutes does not make you a legend.

Glenn Murray is a legend.
Lewis Dunk is a legend.
Bobby Zamora is a legend.
Peter Ward is a legend.

Adam Lallana is not. Not even close.
Lallana trumps Roberto for me, just for giving double the time to the Albion.
I would have Dunk heading up that list with March in second as both are one club players and of course Murray did disappear to the dark side, fortunately he realised who was the bigger club in time.
Who was that guy with the personality of a sloth and the body language of a teenager, surely there must be a better interviewer like the Aspinal lad?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He made 103 appearances in all competitions for us to be fair. Ali Mac only made 112. A hugely important part of the squad, and a key to the transition in style, firstly under Potter, and especially under RDZ.
Yes, but 103 appearances totalling 90 minutes in all.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Adam got 4 goals and 4 assists for us in 104 games. He was not good for us on the pitch. Those stats are horrific for an attacking midfielder no matter how many sub appearances he got

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
1000053802.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here