Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Great interview

Is it just me ?

FKnNRZbX0AILCCR.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, he seemed such an ethical and principled man until I heard that.
In fairness when he said it we were strugglers; I do believe Lallana himself waited until he was sure we were staying up before committing.

So I think Jordan was right to point it out; after all, he is well known for a being man who always thinks things through and analyses everything with a clear head and from all the angles. Can't imagine him being one of those people who goes to Saudi and then comes home because he suddenly discovered it's hot and restrictive.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The amount of coverage he's getting on our various feeds is dramatically out of proportion with his contribution on the pitch. He might have been this mythical character behind the scenes, but he offered painfully little to the team. I'm not sure why there's all this coverage of him now he's leaving, although still seems to be hanging around.
He made 103 appearances in all competitions for us to be fair. Ali Mac only made 112. A hugely important part of the squad, and a key to the transition in style, firstly under Potter, and especially under RDZ.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The bit about Jordan Henderson saying to him "really you're going to Brighton?!"
Hopefully if that's his opinion of Brighton that scotches any of the talk of us going for him this summer

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The amount of coverage he's getting on our various feeds is dramatically out of proportion with his contribution on the pitch. He might have been this mythical character behind the scenes, but he offered painfully little to the team. I'm not sure why there's all this coverage of him now he's leaving, although still seems to be hanging around.
I'd argue that his influence in over 100 games for us, added to his off-field presence answers that question

The interview gives a pretty good indication about what he offered the club. In all honesty, after giving it a listen, I'm 100% convinced we need to sign a player of his character for their dressing room influence. Milner and Welbeck certainly bring an element of it, but Lallana seems a huge loss.

It would seem that both he and De Zerbi were critical in pushing the players mentality up a level. It'd be criminal if we lost that without finding a suitable replacement.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolutely right. ‘Farewell to a legend’ the club Insta said earlier.

I’m sorry, but 94 appearances over 4 years with only a handful of managing the full 90 minutes does not make you a legend.

Glenn Murray is a legend.
Lewis Dunk is a legend.
Bobby Zamora is a legend.
Peter Ward is a legend.

Adam Lallana is not. Not even close.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Few other interesting tidbits in the full podcast;
  • Suggested there was an unprofessional element in the squad when he arrived - a number of players just happy to be in the Prem and saw any games against bigger sides as a free hit.
  • He also said he quickly got a group of English lads under him that did want to raise the professionalism within the club, change the culture a bit. He said Dan Burn was particularly strong on this.
  • Spoke very positively about Dan Ashworth, and said that he was sure he was chosen by Dan more for his personality, attitude and professionalism than for his ability on the pitch.
  • Had a couple of bust ups with Maupay in the first season - said they get on well now but didn't see eye to eye at all early on in terms of how to train, how the culture should be within a football club etc.
  • Yeah the bit about Henderson was funny but we have to recognise how far we've come since he joined. We were absolutely a side who to the outsiders would be expected to consistently flirt with relegation.
Re: Legend - it seems pretty clear that it's being applied almost completely due to his influence on the dressing room and mostly off pitch stuff.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Got to ‘big up’ a future manager. The club are not silly. Plant the seeds.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here