Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lack of pyro

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What the hell was that all about?

I was expecting last night to feature an away-end firework display that would put Disney World's nighttime spectacular to shame.

Unless I missed something, there wasn't a solitary banger to be seen/heard.

Ajax fans need to make sure they're on their game when they come to town.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I know. I was very disappointed not to see one pyro lit last night.
BarberOBE Sniffer dogs must have had some serious training over the last few weeks.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
They had sniffer dogs at the away end so I imagine they had them taken off them. One of their fans had some weed taken off him and given to the police. He apologised and the policeman said 'don't worry' he looked very shocked and relieved he was being turned away or arrested.

Attachments

• 20230921_181911.jpg
    20230921_181911.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 79

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Equally disappointed. I liked the highly choreographed arm holding and jumping though.

I also quite liked their version of the right side/left side thing. There's was much quicker, much more aggressive though. Made our "we're the right side Brighton boys" look completely pussy to be honest!

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I shared a few pints with them before the game in the King & Queen and asked about this. They said that they had made an exception and not brought any out of respect for us and our stadium. They didn't put the big anti fascist banners up either, which were most certainly in evidence there! Absolutely lovely bunch and very, erm, polite :)

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Any away fans from Europe make us look like pussies. Most people from England have intimacy issues and would rather skulk about looking moody than getting involved like the aek fans. They were quality.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I shared a few pints with them before the game in the King & Queen and asked about this. They said that they had made an exception and not brought any out of respect for us and our stadium. They didn't put the big anti fascist banners up either, which were most certainly in evidence there! Absolutely lovely bunch and very, erm, polite :)
You’d get your leather hat nicked over there 😉

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Who’s arranging our pyros for Marseille ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who’s arranging our pyros for Marseille ?
The Marseille fans are sorting us out.

Once we're in the stadium, they'll throw some over for us to use. Helpfully, they'll light them first as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They had sniffer dogs at the away end so I imagine they had them taken off them. One of their fans had some weed taken off him and given to the police. He apologised and the policeman said 'don't worry' he looked very shocked and relieved he was being turned away or arrested.
I even had my walking stick examined entering the North stand. Apparently, it's one place where pyros are hidden.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I even had my walking stick examined entering the North stand. Apparently, it's one place where pyros are hidden.
On the subject of searching, they seemed to have abandoned this for East Upper now. No checks at all. Bring your guns, bombs etc. I even walked in with a bottle of water in full sight a few weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here