Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lack of confidence

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Obvious lack of confidence for what ever reason, we'll come again, our style definitely suits away play, we'll see what Graham Potter is made of now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's no accounting for missing the target from a free header. Lallana did it last week, Welbeck did it this week. They really should be doing better

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just back.

I never thought we would equalise when we went a goal down.

It’s just too pretty pretty. We need a Keane/Vieira type to drive us forward. Too easy to just pass it back and let the back 4 faff about with the ball for 5 minutes.

Villa’s second goal. Could you ever imagine us scoring a goal like that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Think we've just lost our 'eye of the tiger' a bit. Players looked hungry up until this month then something has changed when February hit. Just missing a few percent - I hope it can be changed quickly otherwise it's a missed opportunity to finish top half.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
10 goals in 13 home games, is that right? If so we’re basically doomed if the opposition score, which we can all see with our own eyes. The tactics seem ludicrously easy to defend against, we offer zero threat through the middle of the pitch, it’s all slow progression down the flanks largely into cul de sacs. There’s little point in having Lamptey receive the ball facing his own goal 20 yards inside our half. Cucurella is completely nullified as a centre back or traditional left back, I can’t really blame Potter here as he’s been left somewhat short in centre backs so his options are limited. Bissouma has lost the ability/desire to drive through the middle of the pitch, we don’t have a centre back to bring the ball out so the opposition just shift their midfielders from one side to the other to stifle our slow approach down the touch line.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just back.

I never thought we would equalise when we went a goal down.

It’s just too pretty pretty. We need a Keane/Vieira type to drive us forward. Too easy to just pass it back and let the back 4 faff about with the ball for 5 minutes.

Villa’s second goal. Could you ever imagine us scoring a goal like that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve said that many a time. I dream of Albion running into acres of space and destroying the opposition with a counter attacking goal, 10 seconds or less from start to finish.

As a possession based team, it’s not in our DNA.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Obvious lack of confidence for what ever reason, we'll come again, our style definitely suits away play, we'll see what Graham Potter is made of now.

I don't really think it's a lack of confidence, more than just a poor show and damn right lazy.
Our players need to get with the program and step up and win.
All IMO of course.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
10 goals in 13 home games, is that right? If so we’re basically doomed if the opposition score, which we can all see with our own eyes. The tactics seem ludicrously easy to defend against, we offer zero threat through the middle of the pitch, it’s all slow progression down the flanks largely into cul de sacs. There’s little point in having Lamptey receive the ball facing his own goal 20 yards inside our half. Cucurella is completely nullified as a centre back or traditional left back, I can’t really blame Potter here as he’s been left somewhat short in centre backs so his options are limited. Bissouma has lost the ability/desire to drive through the middle of the pitch, we don’t have a centre back to being the ball out so the opposition just shot their midfielders from side to the other to stifle our slow approach down the touch line.

Spot on. Exactly how I see it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’ve said that many a time. I dream of Albion running into acres of space and destroying the opposition with a counter attacking goal, 10 seconds or less from start to finish.

As a possession based team, it’s not on our DNA.

It's just possession for possession's sake tho eh? Might look good on the manager's CV, but a deeper analysis might show how effective that possession actually is. In the Albion's case, it just seems to allow mediocre opposition a chance to relax and regroup.

An absolutely killer stat would break down possession in our half v possession in their half. Suspect our stats would then be seen in an entirely different light

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Lack of:

Pace
Cutting edge
Game-changers
Scorers
Power in 50:50’s
Alertness to bleeding obvious counter attacks
Marking players 20 yards out from our goal
Movement off the ball
Imagination

Dunk on Radio Sussex thought we played well:facepalm:

Other than that we're fantastic!

Did Dunk really say we played well?! :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's just possession for possession's sake tho eh? Might look good on the manager's CV, but a deeper analysis might show how effective that possession actually is. In the Albion's case, it just seems to allow mediocre opposition a chance to relax and regroup.

An absolutely killer stat would break down possession in our half v possession in their half. Suspect our stats would then be seen in an entirely different light

Genuinely, I’m bored of it all, at home.

I admire your resilience in literally always rocking up at the Amex, along with 19,999 others.

Deju vu for me:
- in the early Amex years I saw Poyet/Garcia teams passing it around the back in slow motion, as teams such as Liam Trotter’s Millwall yawned, took the piss and waited to counter attack. Vydra and Derby teams destroyed that yawn fest on the counter.
- wind forward 9 seasons, the same.

What is it with the Amex and Greer to El Abd to Greer to El Abd, Dunk to Veltman to Sanchez to Dunk?

CH’s Championship team the one exception, stunning counter attacking football.

Perhaps in another lifetime we can play instinctive, forward thinking and doing football at home, every other week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here