Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lack of atmosphere at footall grounds in England

Feb 14, 2010
I've been to a few games at the Amex this year and was impressed with how good the atmosphere was given we are around the bottom of the championship. Certainly very good compared to palace if they were in the same position. Drums and Pom Pom girls are very naf. Very pleased brighton are above that and always raises a snigger that palace have them. Some on nsc have some kind of crusade against the club. Moan at fickle fans when we get 29000 for a November relegation scrap in the championship and moan about the atoms without thinking, hang on it's loud despite losing every week. Have these lot been to other grounds? As for making it better we'll unreserved seating and safe standing on the East

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
People forget that often at the Goldstone you could only see small areas of the pitch during big games. You had to rely on the noise and atmosphere as part of the experience and to know what was going on. I'll settle for less atmosphere and a good view thanks.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
People forget that often at the Goldstone you could only see small areas of the pitch during big games. You had to rely on the noise and atmosphere as part of the experience and to know what was going on. I'll settle for less atmosphere and a good view thanks.

Standing in the North you could barley hear the away fans in the South East corner once they were at that end,then on occasion i moved down to the South West terrace and guess what,the North could barley be heard over the away fans,the atmosphere scenario has not changed.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I've been to a few games at the Amex this year and was impressed with how good the atmosphere was given we are around the bottom of the championship. Certainly very good compared to palace if they were in the same position. Drums and Pom Pom girls are very naf. Very pleased brighton are above that and always raises a snigger that palace have them. Some on nsc have some kind of crusade against the club. Moan at fickle fans when we get 29000 for a November relegation scrap in the championship and moan about the atmos without thinking, hang on it's loud despite losing every week. Have these lot been to other grounds?
This. As a fair comparison let's see how much of a cauldron Craven Cottage is tonight.

The atmosphere in WSU against Reading was fine - subdued when 2-0 down, noisier and fun as our comeback progressed.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Away games are always more fun, you can stand where you want, generally, real fans are excited, they have travelled, had a few! and sing loud and there is a camaraderie that is missing at home.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Away games are always more fun, you can stand where you want, generally, real fans are excited, they have travelled, had a few! and sing loud and there is a camaraderie that is missing at home.
That didn't seem to apply to the 'real' fans of Reading on Friday. So, so quiet, even when 2 nil up. I don't think I heard them sing once, they were rubbish.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We weren't quiet when we last beat them at the Madjeski!!
I don't think I've ever been away with Brighton and the fans have been quiet. Especially in the bad old days of 4th tier football. There's something bloody-minded about standing on a freezing terrace in Rochdale in February!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I got to Spotland once and the game had been cancelled, listening to ELP and not the radio, portion of chips and drive back! Generally though away games are more lively???

I don't think I've ever been away with Brighton and the fans have been quiet. Especially in the bad old days of 4th tier football. There's something bloody-minded about standing on a freezing terrace in Rochdale in February!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I got to Spotland once and the game had been cancelled, listening to ELP and not the radio, portion of chips and drive back! Generally though away games are more lively???
I went to Halifax and the game was called off around an hour before kickoff. Went and sat in the stand for ten minutes feeling disappointed. The egg chasers had just played a couple of days before and there had been a sudden deluge, the pitch was in a terrible state. I lived up north at the time so it wasn't a disaster. I got a personal wave and smile from Bobby Z as a few of us waved the Albion coach off on its way.

I recall the Chesterfield match being 'lively' 😁.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
tarquins and people that wouldn't have given football a second look 10 years ago
regards
DR

I'm guessing that if you could find someone in their 50s who spends all their time reliving their teenage years rather than going to live football, they would probably know the answer ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here