Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour has suspended former leader Jeremy Corbyn

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Often people point to a post and say something like "I can't believe that is allowed" as if someone has had prior sight of the post, thought "that's OK" and released it for general consumption.

Four reports were made last night on two posts. One person made two of the reports. Political threads are given a wide berth by a lot of NSCers, but it's likely the posts were seen by a few hundred people. Only three of them made reports. As a general point,I think a lot of people must assume "someone else will have reported that so I'll not bother".

I was at the bar at a gig in Bournemouth last night, just after the support act had started. Whilst I was waiting to be served I checked my phone. A couple of mods had seen the reports, reviewed them and suggested action was needed. I quickly responded that I was at a gig and I'd check when I got home around 1am.

I got home and, frankly, couldn't be bothered to pick through the bones of a political thread and, being honest, this morning I forgot as there were a few other things going on throughout the day.

I reviewed it this evening and imposed a ban.
Ok I understand I shouldn’t assume someone else will do it I also appreciate you do have a life and have other things to do as well .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ok I understand I shouldn’t assume someone else will do it I also appreciate you do have a life and have other things to do as well .

To be fair he said he would bow out of the debate and then was quoted once or twice. For a minute there it looked like the thread was kind of self moderating and he was doing the decent thing and leaving.

We all know that if someone keeps the arguement going he is incapable of staying out of it (he's not the only one on here guilty of that).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be fair he said he would bow out of the debate and then was quoted once or twice. For a minute there it looked like the thread was kind of self moderating and he was doing the decent thing and leaving.

We all know that if someone keeps the arguement going he is incapable of staying out of it (he's not the only one on here guilty of that).
:lolol: :goal:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
NSC has been, rightly, dominated recently
by threads on Wembley, the semi final, getting tickets, pubs beforehand etc, etc and the Swede can't contribute to any of those threads because they don't apply to him, so he hijacked this one to achieve the attention he craves on the internet. I almost feel sorry for him.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
NSC has been, rightly, dominated recently
by threads on Wembley, the semi final, getting tickets, pubs beforehand etc, etc recently and the Swede can't contribute to any of those threads because they don't apply to him, so he hijacked this one to achieve the attention he craves on the internet. I almost feel sorry for him.
He certainly gets that attention though doesn't he.

I am surprised more people just don't stick him on ignore and leave him to it. As I said earlier the righteous indignation of youth (and possibly attention seeking) burns bright with him. Why buy into it and then complain about him. I don't get it.

Obviously I don't condone the nonsense on this thread, he went way to far but he also agreed to leave the thread.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I am surprised more people just don't stick him on ignore and leave him to it. As I said earlier the righteous indignation of youth (and possibly attention seeking) burns bright with him. Why buy into it and then complain about him. I don't get it.

Obviously I don't condone the nonsense on this thread, he went way to far but he also agreed to leave the thread.
He’s in his 30’s isn’t he?

I try, but when he whataboutery’s the rape/infanticide/murder in Ukraine with what about the CIA in Chile 1970’s, or the Holocaust with what about Jews (bullshit btw) controlling German wealth, showing zero empathy in his DNA for suffering, it’s a step too far.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I try, but when he whataboutery’s the rape/infanticide/murder in Ukraine with what about the CIA in Chile 1970’s, or the Holocaust with what about Jews (bullshit btw) controlling German wealth, showing zero empathy in his DNA for suffering, it’s a step too far.
That’s young to me and you

😉

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Is he? f***!

I thought he was younger than that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

And then he returned....

He reminds me a bit of my little bro. So upset about the Palestinians he falls into the trap of....

Oh well. Three points was the right result in the end.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyway....

End of thread I suspect.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Then let the mods deal with it :shrug:

Whatever.

I was the single individual who raised two reports. I'm not a professional "moderator", but have spent years working alongside and supporting them. I'm (unfortunately) quite finely tuned, because I spend a lot of time trawling their data.

I reported not only on the basis of being somewhat offended. I did far much more on the potential reputational risk to the platforms owner because that's my instinct. I'm aligned with those who couldn't believe they were reading that on here, but possibly from a different place.

In the modern world how many people actually read this thread is somewhat irrelevant and I agree with Bozza in that how many people complain is not necessarily a good measure of offence. It's the risk of being trawled up later (possibly out of context) that's the risk.

I'm not going to get into a debate on how this site is moderated, beyond saying I think it's moderated brilliantly. However If it helps I got a few ideas (from my own experience) on making the job easier. I had a discussion with someone today at not playing a numbers game. 99.9% of the content may be fine, but it's the micro percentage that will kill you.

I'm not going to debate that on here, but if the mods/Bozza want a discussion that's fine.

If not that's fine too.

Thank you all for keeping the site what it is. You do a brilliant job....

( 99.9% percent of the time :) )

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whatever.

I was the single individual who raised two reports. I'm not a professional "moderator", but have spent years working alongside and supporting them. I'm (unfortunately) quite finely tuned, because I spend a lot of time trawling their data.

I reported not only on the basis of being somewhat offended. I did far much more on the potential reputational risk to the platforms owner because that's my instinct. I'm aligned with those who couldn't believe they were reading that on here, but possibly from a different place.

In the modern world how many people actually read this thread is somewhat irrelevant and I agree with Bozza in that how many people complain is not necessarily a good measure of offence. It's the risk of being trawled up later (possibly out of context) that's the risk.

I'm not going to get into a debate on how this site is moderated, beyond saying I think it's moderated brilliantly. However If it helps I got a few ideas (from my own experience) on making the job easier. I had a discussion with someone today at not playing a numbers game. 99.9% of the content may be fine, but it's the micro percentage that will kill you.

I'm not going to debate that on here, but if the mods/Bozza want a discussion that's fine.

If not that's fine too.

Thank you all for keeping the site what it is. You do a brilliant job....

( 99.9% percent of the time :) )
Beyond Swansman’s obvious double standards and casual use of offensive tropes, my concern was also what if one of the people who have read the thread was TB or if it was reported to him out of context. Probably not - but you never know- and therefore even more stupid on a Brighton site.

Coming full circle I suspect they are also very similar to Magic Grandpa’s own views which is why he was the worst Labour leader since Foot and thoroughly unfit for office.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Beyond Swansman’s obvious double standards and casual use of offensive tropes, my concern was also what if one of the people who have read the thread was TB or if it was reported to him out of context. Probably not - but you never know- and therefore even more stupid on a Brighton site.

Coming full circle *I suspect they are also very similar to Magic Grandpa’s own views* which is why he was the worst Labour leader since Foot and thoroughly unfit for office.
Exactly.
Sickeningly bigoted & thick as mince is unpleasant on a forum but for running the country is an utterly terrifying prospect. & I'm on the left of the labour party

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I have voted both Conservative and Labour in the last … although never really engaged that much in politics. Corbyn and the effect he had on the Labour Party changed that for me. I was sick of seeing local Labour councillors fawning over Corbyn and Chris Williamson … including the Labour candidate at the last GE. So I joined the Conservative Party as my own little protest :eek:

I must add I am no longer a member … I resigned and when my MP asked me why, I told him in no uncertain terms why! And I am now much more likely to vote Labour next time under Starmer!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have voted both Conservative and Labour in the last … although never really engaged that much in politics. Corbyn and the effect he had on the Labour Party changed that for me. I was sick of seeing local Labour councillors fawning over Corbyn and Chris Williamson … including the Labour candidate at the last GE. So I joined the Conservative Party as my own little protest :eek:

I must add I am no longer a member … I resigned and when my MP asked me why, I told him in no uncertain terms why! And I am now much more likely to vote Labour next time under Starmer!
A similar ride but on a slightly different bus.

I left the labour party when Blair decided to fund all faith schools, potentially recreating the sectarianism of Northern Ireland across the UK. As it happens nothing much happened because laws about the national curriculum and the teaching of creationism as a hypothesis equal to evolution, and that homosexuals will burn in hell, were soon brought in (after some schools started to....you can guess the rest).

I rejoined after Starmer became leader. It gives me great pleasure to sniff through the list of executive candidates so that I can vote for whoever is not declaring support for nobs or nobbery. Hand on heart, sensible options are not always abundant. However the leadership and policy making process appears to have returned to where it should reside - in the hands of the leader and the shadow cabinet.

When I got my extension built the last thing I wanted was to have free and fair elections among all my household on a daily basis over issues such as policy on whether to have the tiles done before the underfloor heating, whether to use left- or right-handed screws, etc. My job, MY job was to elect the company to do the job. I interviewed several candidates, discussed the situation with the missus and cast my vote. And in this election there was only one voter.

If only politics couldn't be like that. You lot would all entrust me with The Vote, after full and frank discussions, right? ??? :wink: :lolol:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
A similar ride but on a slightly different bus.

I left the labour party when Blair decided to fund all faith schools, potentially recreating the sectarianism of Northern Ireland across the UK. As it happens nothing much happened because laws about the national curriculum and the teaching of creationism as a hypothesis equal to evolution, and that homosexuals will burn in hell, were soon brought in (after some schools started to....you can guess the rest).

I rejoined after Starmer became leader. It gives me great pleasure to sniff through the list of executive candidates so that I can vote for whoever is not declaring support for nobs or nobbery. Hand on heart, sensible options are not always abundant. However the leadership and policy making process appears to have returned to where it should reside - in the hands of the leader and the shadow cabinet.

When I got my extension built the last thing I wanted was to have free and fair elections among all my household on a daily basis over issues such as policy on whether to have the tiles done before the underfloor heating, whether to use left- or right-handed screws, etc. My job, MY job was to elect the company to do the job. I interviewed several candidates, discussed the situation with the missus and cast my vote. And in this election there was only one voter.

If only politics couldn't be like that. You lot would all entrust me with The Vote, after full and frank discussions, right? ??? :wink: :lolol:

I would (y) :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here