Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour has suspended former leader Jeremy Corbyn

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The fact is he’s gone, which is brilliant for the party and the nation as a whole.

No matter who is in more I'm keen on a strong opposition. Corbyn was so useless he allowed a clown like Johnson to secure an 80 seat majority and look at the chaos that has created.

I hope never again will the British people be faced with such an appalling choice at a GE

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe read both links then?
Oh, & I'd say the tweeter is less 'unhinged', more Jewish...
Help me by filtering out the best 2 or 3 that you consider sit well in the Anti semetic side of the ledger. There certainly looks like some interesting ones nestles among the circumstantial and guilty by association one.

And also, what on earth does your last sentence mean?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems like a dangerous strategy when opposing Israels treatment of the Palestinian people is considered antisemitism.
There are countless episodes like the one below. Luciana Berger* left the labour party because of this and other pieces of tomfoolery done by Corbyn or not condemned by Corbyn. Corbyn was far far more than a critic of the way Israel treats the Palestinians. Practically everyone I know is a critic of the way Israel treats the Palestinians. But they do this without slipping into dunderheaded anti-Semitism. I'm a bit surprised by your naïve attitude here.

*Rejoined the Labour party recently, satisfied that Starmer has drained the swamp.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There are countless episodes like the one below. Luciana Berger* left the labour party because of this and other pieces of tomfoolery done by Corbyn or not condemned by Corbyn. Corbyn was far far more than a critic of the way Israel treats the Palestinians. Practically everyone I know is a critic of the way Israel treats the Palestinians. But they do this without slipping into dunderheaded anti-Semitism. I'm a bit surprised by your naïve attitude here.

*Rejoined the Labour party recently, satisfied that Starmer has drained the swamp.
-1x-1.jpg

So this is the allegedly antisemitic mural, portraying bank owners (some Jewish, some not) playing monopoly on the backs of presumably suffering people. Of course he could have included some black fellas and a couple of Asian blokes, but how many big banks in Mear Ones native country (the US) are owned by black/Asian people?

Is criticism of bank owners and the banking system antisemitism just because there's Jewish ownership of a couple of the biggest banks?

Thanks for proving my point that labelling people as antisemites is used as a tool to suppress the social commentary, art and politics of those seeking to challenge those with insurmountable amounts of wealth and power.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
-1x-1.jpg

So this is the allegedly antisemitic mural, portraying bank owners (some Jewish, some not) playing monopoly on the backs of presumably suffering people. Of course he could have included some black fellas and a couple of Asian blokes, but how many big banks in Mear Ones native country (the US) are owned by black/Asian people?

Is criticism of bank owners and the banking system antisemitism just because there's Jewish ownership of a couple of the biggest banks?

Thanks for proving my point that labelling people as antisemites is used as a tool to suppress the social commentary, art and politics of those seeking to challenge those with insurmountable amounts of wealth and power.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You're aware that Corbyn admitted this was antisemitic?
That is his opinion. In what way is it antisemitic?

If portraying the richest and most powerful people on the planet, those running the biggest banks, as bad people who oppress others is indeed automatically antisemitism, then well, count me and other people with economical problems as antisemites if you want, because a lot of us won't stop criticising the flawed distribution of wealth and power like this artist did :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That is his opinion. In what way is it antisemitic?

If portraying the richest and most powerful people on the planet, those running the biggest banks, as bad people who oppress others is indeed automatically antisemitism, then well, count me and other people with economical problems as antisemites if you want, because a lot of us won't stop criticising the flawed distribution of wealth and power like this artist did :shrug:

And also the opinion of the artist who said in response:

Some of the older white Jewish folk in the local community had an issue with me portraying their beloved Rothschild or Warburg etc as the demons they are.

But you are course entitled to your opinion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And also the opinion of the artist who said in response:

But you are course entitled to your opinion.
Yeah some Zionist Jews sees the Jewish financial dynasties as heroes and will get upset if you portray those heroes in a bad manner.

There's people of all kinds. My old PE teacher from Sicily thought Mussolini was a fantastic leader - didn't stop me from putting anti-fascist stickers all over the school.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
By drawing them with big noses.

Yeah we get it.
Google for "illustration of an old man" and you'll find that most will have big noses.,, because old men frequently do.

Some features of the portrayed people have been reinforced. They look balder, have more facial hair and bigger noses than a normal person/their real equivalents.

A small number of white old men (Jewish and not Jewish) are playing monopoly with the wealth of this world while most people are struggling, seems to be the message.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Whatever the various Tory PM's have or haven't done since the last GE, this country dodged a huge bullet when the electorate failed to elect Corbyn as PM.

A government led by him would have seen a national meltdown this country would have taken decades to recover from.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Of course it is. Calling people antisemites has been a go-to Zionist strategy for decades when it comes to dealing with criticism of Israel. Hardly a secret.
Pretending it isn't the case doesn't change that reality.
Indeed Swanny, indeed.

But just like with Boris, many have just gobbled up the right wing pro-Zionist newspaper headlines - and they make it true!

I don't find it incompatible to have no issues at all with the religion of Judaism whilst finding the extreme right wing State of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians totally abhorrent.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Whatever the various Tory PM's have or haven't done since the last GE, this country dodged a huge bullet when the electorate failed to elect Corbyn as PM.

A government led by him would have seen a national meltdown this country would have taken decades to recover from.
And nearly 13 years of Tory government hasn't led to a "national meltdown"? How long are we going to take to recover from high inflation, high interest rates, high prices, huge borrowing, high Council Tax, increased use of foodbanks, NHS in total decay, increase in crime, "institutionally racist, misogynistic and homophobic police force"..........

Just how much worse could a Corbyn led Labour government have made things do you think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here