Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kyle Walker-Peters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why would Spurs let their back up right back leave on loan? Would be a bizzare move, whether KWP is happy bench sitting or not I highly doubt they would let him go, if Aurier was injured they’d be screwed, unless they are trying to buy another RB.

All that being said, original source looks like the sun so ignore, probably total BS.

Not half as screwed as if Aurier wasn't injured

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They’re screwed when Aurier is fit, quite frankly.

Also, us showing an interest in a striker Palace apparently wanted worries me. Look at the strikers they’ve signed in recent (PL) years. Benteke. Wickham. That Norwegian carthorse whose name escapes me. Only Ayew even vaguely resembles a striker. I hope we’re not taking the lead from their scouts.

That ‘carthorse’ is the legendary Alexander Sorloth. A fine player and was only £16mil plus a few more mil on wages. You owe him an apology - he has 12 goals this season for the mighty Trabzonspor, and will come back to palace to take the prem by storm I tell you...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Potential loan has been muted online, thoughts?

Personally would rather buy someone permanently rather than develop a Spurs player, unless of course there’s a buy option if it works out. No idea on what that price would be, assume 12-15m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
That ‘carthorse’ is the legendary Alexander Sorloth. A fine player and was only £16mil plus a few more mil on wages. You owe him an apology - he has 12 goals this season for the mighty Trabzonspor, and will come back to palace to take the prem by storm I tell you...

Not so sure - see https://www.footballfancast.com/pre...nk-tosun-reportedly-of-interest-to-the-eagles. Seems that the grass on the Palace training ground is beyond mowing so they are looking for a replacement to keep it down. Or perhaps both?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's come through the England youth system (has played from every level from u18 through to u-21, plus won the Worldcup with the u17s. ), so will be well known to Ashworth. This scouting report also marks him out as the type of player Potter would love. Athletic, has pace. good dribbling ability, two footed and comfortable playing both on the right and left.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/kyle-walker-peters-golden-boy-13650228

He was also a past nominee for the European Goldenboy award against Kylian Mbappe, Ousmane Dembele and Gabriel Jesus. He might have struggled since then, but we know what affect Potters had invigorating players careers in the past.

Can he defend though?

Permanent purchase only for me......

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
4621103d266320c0f38478315af70ea1.jpg

Proving to be difficult for obvious reasons, assume KWP is with the sister

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This signing is a no-brainer, get it done a.s.a.p. His forward play is exceptional and while defensively there is room for improvement who better to learn from than Bruno?

This time a year ago - from Wiki:

On 26 December 2018, Walker-Peters successfully registered 3 assists during a 5–0 home win against Bournemouth, becoming the youngest player, aged 21 years and 257 days, to provide three assists in a Premier League game for more than 15 years. They were all in the first half.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If he's so good, how come he can't get into a crap Spurs defence?

Mo Salah was not fancied much by Mourinho at Chelsea, and let go out on loan and then sold, it happens.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mo Salah was not fancied much by Mourinho at Chelsea, and let go out on loan and then sold, it happens.

Good point - but lightning doesn't strike twice; Liverpool got lucky with Mo Salah - no point in thinking something similar will happen to us.

PS. If he comes to us, I will be willing him to succeed - but as it stands at the moment, I'm not overwhelmed by the prospect. Would be great if he proves me horribly wrong.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Good point - but lightning doesn't strike twice; Liverpool got lucky with Mo Salah - no point in thinking something similar will happen to us.

PS. If he comes to us, I will be willing him to succeed - but as it stands at the moment, I'm not overwhelmed by the prospect. Would be great if he proves me horribly wrong.

He didn't rate a player called De Bruyne either

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Had a look at his preseason highlights here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qR4f5_JXw8 my reckoning is he looks as competent as Montoya, is maybe quicker, and has potential to improve, could work out to be a very good buy, but not a big risk.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
You can really see him fitting into GPs style as well. Good with his feet, fluid and creating chances.

It would probably spell the end of Schelotto though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Had a look at his preseason highlights here my reckoning is he looks as competent as Montoya, is maybe quicker, and has potential to improve, could work out to be a very good buy, but not a big risk.

Well yes, but we have seen Youtube highlight reels before! Still concerned that he can't get a regular game at Spurs, and would at the moment be a bit underwhelmed by his arrival. But if Potter and the recruitment team think he's a step up from what we've got - and if they're right - I'll happily own up to being wrong!
A lot depends on the price, I guess.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You can really see him fitting into GPs style as well. Good with his feet, fluid and creating chances.

It would probably spell the end of Schelotto though.

Big improvement on The Giraffe though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here