Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kwit Fit Servicing + MOT - is it any good?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Are there any mechanics on here that can give a reason why I shouldn't go to KWIK FIT. It's about 170 quid for service and MOT, is that reasonable?

Anyone recommend anywhere that will do it cheaper?

From personal (very recent) experience, I'd avoid them like a rabid dog.

They didn't do some of the basic sevice jobs (even though the sevice report says they did, and one of them was a light bulb) and failed my MOT on 3 things which (after an independent assessment) proved to be total fabrication.

Fabrication, that would have set me back over £500.00

I have since rececieved an apology from the customer services manager and a full refund.

His "explanation"... that mechanic has just left the company!!

f***ing crooks - steer well clear.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I found these people very good and they did not seem to be trying to find work for themselves.

Car MOT test offer - Nationwide Autocentres

But you will always find someone who has a bad tale to tell about any garage I suppose, so I wait for someone else to say don't go there :lolol:.
Just picked up my car from them! Dropped it off at 8:30 for an MOT and full service. They did a pre-MOT check, rang me and told me the two things it would fail on (one of them I knew about). They also told me some other items that I might consider replacing and also some more expensive service items that I could 'upgrade' to. Some I went for, but some, such as replacing the aircon unit as the fins were corroded, I declined.

They then did the MOT and a full service and I picked it up at 2:00pm. Also I got a 15% discount for being an AA member!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just picked up my car from them! Dropped it off at 8:30 for an MOT and full service. They did a pre-MOT check, rang me and told me the two things it would fail on (one of them I knew about). They also told me some other items that I might consider replacing and also some more expensive service items that I could 'upgrade' to. Some I went for, but some, such as replacing the aircon unit as the fins were corroded, I declined.

They then did the MOT and a full service and I picked it up at 2:00pm. Also I got a 15% discount for being an AA member!

How much it set you back?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How much it set you back?
Before AA discount the service was £200 and the MOT £53.10 (VAT inc) so at £253.10 it's more expensive than Kwikfit. After that I guess it depends on what needs doing; it also me cost an additional £95 to fix the two bits to get it through the MOT and another £130 for the extra bits and bobs I mentioned. The car was registered in 2002 and it's got nearly 90,000 on the clock so there's always something that needs tweaking, but I should stress it was my choice. The man said I could just have the service and the MOT problems fixed and the car would be "absolutely sound no problems." There was no: "well it won't fail the MOT but you really should have it fixed."

I should add that I've used them before. Last time I was there they fixed a dent in my boot - free of charge! (The just took the panel off and pushed it out)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I had an exhaust fitted by Kwik Fit about three years ago and the back box has now got a hole in it. Upon checking the guarantee, I found it had expired SIX DAYS before the hole appeared :cry:

I popped into KF to see if there was any discretion on the guarantee, to be told 'No...' :shrug:

Ho hum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here