Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczack

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
um, didn't do too bad to-day ?

Correct. And if you were in goal the score would have been the same. How does today mean anything considering we have 4 mor games to go and there's a bigger picture took at?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
On Radio Sussex they interviewed Caspar who said TK came in at 11am. Said he felt ill but at that point he thought he was going to play. Had pre-match lunch but then said he was too ill to play the match so CA was drafted in...
https://audioboo.fm/boos/2070874-albion-keeper-casper-ankergren-after-charlton-victory

well you can tell from the coolness in his voice and that he is not having to think about the answer to the question, that he must be lying. I much prefer to believe the rumours on here. :rolleyes:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Correct. And if you were in goal the score would have been the same. How does today mean anything considering we have 4 mor games to go and there's a bigger picture took at?

The next four are against opposition just as shithouse though, Mr Sheebs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope PIG has just got a bug and nothing more because we're ****ed if we have to start Ankergren or Brezovan here on in.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

because, in my opinion, we have four winnable games left , worry about what's next after that. Great believer in living for today, tomorrow will look after its self.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The next four are against opposition just as shithouse though, Mr Sheebs.

Yes but I'm predicting they may have a shot in those 360 mins unlike today. We need Kusch and Brez and Ank aren't as good - esp if we made the play offs!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well we have all heard it too now. It does not make it true.

Yeh but it seems 5 or 6 diff people who I assume are unconnected all heard it at the game. Wouldn't spread thoroughly the ground in a few hours surely? No smoke without fire? Hope it's bullshit though!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes but I'm predicting they may have a shot in those 360 mins unlike today. We need Kusch and Brez and Ank aren't as good - esp if we made the play offs!!

Anks is fine for what'll be required. He does make the occasional horrendous error,but let's not forget that he played the whole of the first season at the Amex and we had a very good defensive record that year.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yeh but it seems 5 or 6 diff people who I assume are unconnected all heard it at the game. Wouldn't spread thoroughly the ground in a few hours surely? No smoke without fire? Hope it's bullshit though!
Certainly a lot of people were talking about it at the game. Time will tell I suppose.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
because, in my opinion, we have four winnable games left , worry about what's next after that. Great believer in living for today, tomorrow will look after its self.

And if we make the play offs and have potentially 3 huge games against quality opposition you don't mind if we have Brez or Ank in goal instead if Kusch?!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Someone ask kazenga on twitter he'll let you know........then delete it quickly afterwards!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anks is fine for what'll be required. He does make the occasional horrendous error,but let's not forget that he played the whole of the first season at the Amex and we had a very good defensive record that year.

Far more composed on the ball too, I thought he had a good game, except for the palm off.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone ask kazenga on twitter he'll let you know........then delete it quickly afterwards!

I told him he was a bad man on twitter. He reckons the palace one was his sister or something!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Far more composed on the ball too, I thought he had a good game, except for the palm off.

He had **** all to do though! I agree his distribution is the best out of the 3 - but always has an error in him. Brez has a tendency to bottle the big games too..

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

People forget sometimes that Ankergren was our first choice during the season we finished TENTH, straight after promotion to the Championship... He is not a starting keeper but how many teams really have two top class keepers for their division let alone one prem class and one championship starter? Ankergren and Brez are capable understudies and I think especially Ankergren are good to have around the club for their experience and mental strength to influence younger keepers like Walton on how to conduct themselves around the club. I'd enjoy seeing Ankergren as a coach - technically gifted during his prime and a good role model. His catching was far better, at times like Kushs (although not as consistant and he isn't as good as Kush all round).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Enjoyed him taking on the Charlton bloke. He's very solid 95% of the time and consistently puts in 8/10 performances. People focus on the awful error at Forest last year, but forget that he was very good for the rest of the game. Long as there's no blunders of that nature then I trust him completely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He had **** all to do though! I agree his distribution is the best out of the 3 - but always has an error in him. Brez has a tendency to bottle the big games too..

Took quite a few crosses under pressure and didn't try and start a fight with Bruno, so not all bad :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People forget sometimes that Ankergren was our first choice during the season we finished TENTH, straight after promotion to the Championship... He is not a starting keeper but how many teams really have two top class keepers for their division let alone one prem class and one championship starter? Ankergren and Brez are capable understudies and I think especially Ankergren are good to have around the club for their experience and mental strength to influence younger keepers like Walton on how to conduct themselves around the club. I'd enjoy seeing Ankergren as a coach - technically gifted during his prime and a good role model. His catching was far better, at times like Kushs (although not as consistant and he isn't as good as Kush all round).

Oh I agree and he was class in the Lg 1 season - I've not forgotten. I just feel there's always a gaff in them both and as u say Kusch is clearly better all round. What I'm saying is I don't wanna lose one of our key players over an off field argument if there's any truth in this - at such an important stage. I agree they're not bad back up keepers too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here