Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kusczak signing imminent!!!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
My opinion fwiw, is that he spoke to Ipswich first, didn't get what he wanted from them, started talks with us and has gone back to Ipswich using us as a bargaining tool.

That sounds about right - but we don't know.

My worry is I've also heard ( errrrr from a good source) that the club's losses last year were large despite the Amex effect. So those who think the Albion are on the cusp of Prem football might have to be a bit patient.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This is getting really tedious. What does imminent mean? I thought I understood this but perhaps not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok, but divide his transfer fee by the number of weeks in his contract, add that to his current weekly wage. How much is that ?

Like I said, I don't have a calculator but I bet it works out more than 20k a week. So if you look at the bigger picture, paying kuschak 20k a week is probably less than the total outlay for CMS.

Where did 20K a week come from? Someone suggested a figure back on page 10 and now it's established 'fact'
How much was CMS transfer fee? 2.5 million over 4 years rising with appearances and goal bonuses etc? Nobody knows the exact figure.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
That sounds about right - but we don't know.

My worry is I've also heard ( errrrr from a good source) that the club's losses last year were large despite the Amex effect. So those who think the Albion are on the cusp of Prem football might have to be a bit patient.

Not more of this. The source was probably someone who read a thread of pure guesswork on here two days ago. Of course they were large. We spent six million pounds on transfers and had a new stadium to set up and run.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Not more of this. The source was probably someone who read a thread of pure guesswork on here two days ago. Of course they were large. We spent six million pounds on transfers and had a new stadium to set up and run.

Indeed it could have been........unfortunately it wasn't. But I shouldn't have mentioned it anyway. Generally I know less than most on here.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What I don't get is that surely the first question we asked his agent over the phone on initial contact would have been to get some ball park figure for wages to avoid wasting everyone's time. It was said that we were 97% of the way towards signing him. So surely the figures needed can't be that far out? So something must have changed, perhaps beyond our control. I imagine we are now looking at other alternative keepers, and this deal has collapsed.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I reckon an official announcement (not necessarily GK related) will be made before 6pm tomorrow* :whistle:

*I have no source, proof nor any evidence of this. It is pure wishful thinking and uneducated guesswork.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No your the twat...slay off poyet etc you know f*** all just a sad little prick that knows f*** all trying to pretend he does so sad

Is that why your called Vulture?...you just feed off the scraps that others post. Just watch your mouth you little wanker. It's you who know f*** all. You cant even string a proper sentence together...To busy looking at yourself in the mirror I suspect, dreaming that one day you just might achieve something in life.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
What I don't get is that surely the first question we asked his agent over the phone on initial contact would have been to get some ball park figure for wages to avoid wasting everyone's time. It was said that we were 97% of the way towards signing him. So surely the figures needed can't be that far out? So something must have changed, perhaps beyond our control. I imagine we are now looking at other alternative keepers, and this deal has collapsed.

Good point. Things must have changed dramatically if, as quoted elsewhere, he is asking for double what was offered. Offering £10k whilst he (allegedly) asks for £20k certainly isn't 97% done!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Rumours built on a rumour... we'll see...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The good news is that if we can keep this thread going for another fortnight we might catch up with the Wilfred Zaha thread which is currently approaching the 50 page mark.

The common theme? Well seemingly it is that both threads relate to players who are not going to sign for us!

Oh for some positive news.........................:nono:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Could it not be that he can only sign on 1st July (or whenever), has agreed a contract in principle and is just waiting for the date to sign incase some prem team etc come in for him? That's not 97% done true but why would you sign a pre-contract and then discover someone in Prem would have paid you quadruple and wanted you to start because of an injury or something.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Could it not be that he can only sign on 1st July (or whenever), has agreed a contract in principle and is just waiting for the date to sign incase some prem team etc come in for him? That's not 97% done true but why would you sign a pre-contract and then discover someone in Prem would have paid you quadruple and wanted you to start because of an injury or something.

steady on a sensible post

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

In which case, why was Gus saying we were about to sign someone last week?

Do you know what, I really am finding it hard to care any more, it's just wearing me down

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I don't think this is going to happen, it's been dragging on to long with no sort of media attention or actual evidence, if there was any chance I would of thought some sort of 'big' company (a newspaper or sky sports) would of printed something about it.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
How on earth can a deal be 97% of the way there??

What utter nonsense. After 20 pages we have arrived at what was obvious from the outset. He may sign. He probably wont. He talked to the club. He spoke to other clubs.

Good Lord what a waste of time. And then the inevitable slagging matches. I suspect of the thousands of readers and posters on here there are probably about three people who may have access to better, more reliable information than the rest of us who depend on gossip, heresay, press predictions and the internet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
all alot of hot air , can we close the thread ?

Those in the know . . .. You are not

No one knows a thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here