Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kusczak signing imminent!!!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I don't think anyone is suggesting we pay him £193k a week. But it's good to hear we have a £100m in season ticket revenues.

Added a zero by mistake, but even a million is far too much and is still 10% of season ticket takings. How on earth would we fall within FFP criteria paying that much to players?

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Remember we won't have to pay a transfer fee, so is 20k a week that much of an issue ?

Haven't got my calculator with me but if we paid 3 million or whatever it was for CMS and his weekly wage for however long his contract is, would the signing of Kuszac at 20k a week work out cheaper ?

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Remember we won't have to pay a transfer fee, so is 20k a week that much of an issue ?

Haven't got my calculator with me but if we paid 3 million or whatever it was for CMS and his weekly wage for however long his contract is, would the signing of Kuszac at 20k a week work out cheaper ?

Or maybe we could go one better and play CMS in goal!?
Just because we paid silly money for CMS doesn't mean we will jeopardize our wage cap for others, in my opinion.
Happy to be proved wrong but i don't think we'll be spending that amount of money again this summer (in wages or transfer fees) especially if we can't offload some of the players we have at the moment.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or maybe we could go one better and play CMS in goal!?
Just because we paid silly money for CMS doesn't mean we will jeopardize our wage cap for others, in my opinion.
Happy to be proved wrong but i don't think we'll be spending that amount of money again this summer (in wages or transfer fees) especially if we can't offload some of the players we have at the moment.

Happy to be proved wrong that 2.5 mil was 'silly money' for CMS too yeh?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

You are ignoring the impact on team morale if one player earns 2, 3 or 4 times more than the rest of his team

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
On the 30th May he was with someone who looked like his agent suited up walking through the lanes in town.
I remember walking past him and texting my brother straight away. Would be a quality signing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My opinion fwiw, is that he spoke to Ipswich first, didn't get what he wanted from them, started talks with us and has gone back to Ipswich using us as a bargaining tool.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I knew kev the rev yet again knew f*** all just jumping on the rumour band wagon like many on here so so sad

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's not worth 20k a week,go buy some up and coming keeper instead.Im sure we can afford a few 20k a week wages as i would suspect our income will be amongst the highest in this league and plenty other clubs have players on around 20k a week.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You don't think that for example CMS earns twice what say Barnes & other do already ? I'd be very suprised if this wasn't the case.

Yes, some will earn more because they struck their deals at different times but I don't believe that CMS's deal broke the wage structure. Blowing a hole in it for one player sets an escalation process in place for the next and all subsequent signings and also sets an expectation for existing players that they will get much more when they come to renegotiate their contract.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, some will earn more because they struck their deals at different times but I don't believe that CMS's deal broke the wage structure. Blowing a hole in it for one player sets an escalation process in place for the next and all subsequent signings and also sets an expectation for existing players that they will get much more when they come to renegotiate their contract.

Barry Fry said publicly that CMS turned down higher wages to play for Brighton, which should be taken as read, seeing as he is a director of Posh and his daughter is CMS' partner.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Barry Fry said publicly that CMS turned down higher wages to play for Brighton, which should be taken as read, seeing as he is a director of Posh and his daughter is CMS' partner.

Ok, but divide his transfer fee by the number of weeks in his contract, add that to his current weekly wage. How much is that ?

Like I said, I don't have a calculator but I bet it works out more than 20k a week. So if you look at the bigger picture, paying kuschak 20k a week is probably less than the total outlay for CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here