Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kusczak signing imminent!!!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If it's 20k and that's above our wage structure then fair enough. What's worrying me a bit is how we are comparing with other Champ clubs. Naylor says in his column today that we can't compete with Wednesday and suggests our position in the budget table is going downwards and that we are likely to be lower than Hudds/Charlton ?, I can't see how this can really be the case unless all the others are spending way over their means. Agree totally that we just can't compete with the Prem parachute payments but can't see why we aren't at least matching everyone else now.
Good post. Having a budget that doesn't compete is a bit of a concern considering some of the players we have in the squad!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I may stand corrected, but aren't we paying the third highest prices for season tickets in the league?..If we can't compete with half the clubs in the division something is very wrong...I don't believe it for a second, I just think the club keep their cards very close to their chest.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
20k a week this day an age in football from championship up is probably going rate, there was a time our club could not afford 500 quid a week so to be successful on the pitch as we are now off it we need to be trying to pay these kind of wages to players, I'm positive Vicente was getting 20k a week!!!! When playing!!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
20k a week this day an age in football from championship up is probably going rate, there was a time our club could not afford 500 quid a week so to be successful on the pitch as we are now off it we need to be trying to pay these kind of wages to players, I'm positive Vicente was getting 20k a week!!!! When playing!!

I really doubt 20k a week is the going rate of a player in the Championship, only the highest echelon of players will be getting that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£20k a week is a bit steep , probably 6 times more what Ankergren and Brezovan are each earning.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
My only concern at the moment is we appear to have set out sites too high on players we can't afford (Mattock, Kuszack, hell we even sent Tanno to look at Salassie) when we maybe could have identified more suitable targets.

It shows ambition but we could be left scrabbling around.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My only concern at the moment is we appear to have set out sites too high on players we can't afford (Mattock, Kuszack, hell we even sent Tanno to look at Salassie) when we maybe could have identified more suitable targets.

It shows ambition but we could be left scrabbling around.

I'm sure I remember Gus saying that we have a few different lists of targets. The real A grade targets, like the ones you mentioned, then the second string sort of targets and then the next lot. I think that's the reality, we have our eye on a lot of players.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

That is way off the mark. West Broms average wage is £20k a week and they are an established Premiership side. If the going rate for Championship os £20k pw then every club is going to fail the FFP rules.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
do not read rumour threads, do not read rumour threads, do not read rumour threads....
damn it, I just couldn't resist. must do better..activating hibernation sequence....confirmed.....

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
do not read rumour threads, do not read rumour threads, do not read rumour threads....
damn it, I just couldn't resist. must do better..activating hibernation sequence....confirmed.....

It would be lovely to just turn up to the frst game of the season and be like, 'Oh we got him, we got him, we got him. Oh he's left and he's left. Good. On with the season.'

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Im just astounded people think we should be paying a goalkeeper £10m a year.10% of our entire season ticket revenue. Pure Pompey school of ecenomics.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Im just astounded people think we should be paying a goalkeeper £10m a year.10% of our entire season ticket revenue. Pure Pompey school of ecenomics.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we pay him £193k a week. But it's good to hear we have a £100m in season ticket revenues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here