Kusczak signing imminent!!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
He wants 20k a week and has only been offered 10k talks broke down due to wage demand, that's as far as it is at this stage.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think 20k a week for a top draw keeper, whom would have probably been on treble that at Utd is fair enough. If we get him to sign a four year deal, then that's the keeper sorted out if we were to go up...One of the most important position's on the pitch. If not the most important.

How do you know we can afford £20k a week? Should we pay it even if we cant?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sorry but where has this 20k come from. Someone made up that Mattock wanted 20k and everyone ran with it. (i very much doubt he is on that)

I have heard 20K quoted by a few different sources now. Doesn't mean it's true though.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yes. That's the rumour.

I find all this rumour rubbish hilarious. As if anyone other than TB, some very close confidants, and the player and his agent know anything at all. I'm sure TB wouldnt allow what we had actually offered to leak. And if it was the offer and he reads it here some people would be leaving the club versy shortly.

This site is scraping new lows in people stating pure guesswork as informed rumour.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
If it's 20k and that's above our wage structure then fair enough. What's worrying me a bit is how we are comparing with other Champ clubs. Naylor says in his column today that we can't compete with Wednesday and suggests our position in the budget table is going downwards and that we are likely to be lower than Hudds/Charlton ?, I can't see how this can really be the case unless all the others are spending way over their means. Agree totally that we just can't compete with the Prem parachute payments but can't see why we aren't at least matching everyone else now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How do you know we can afford £20k a week? Should we pay it even if we cant?

I didn't know I did say I knew we could afford it..I said I think it's a fair wage for a top draw keeper..21000+ season tickets sold, I'd like to think we could afford three or four key players in key positions.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
I find all this rumour rubbish hilarious. As if anyone other than TB, some very close confidants, and the player and his agent know anything at all. I'm sure TB wouldnt allow what we had actually offered to leak. And if it was the offer and he reads it here some people would be leaving the club versy shortly.

This site is scraping new lows in people stating pure guesswork as informed rumour.
well mate some people do actually know people pretty close to TB and its polite to keep their names off this board, as a fan I am telling what I have spoken about to a close confidente of TB. BOZZZZZZAAAA!!!!! Back this up fella.!! Lol

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If it's 20k and that's above our wage structure then fair enough. What's worrying me a bit is how we are comparing with other Champ clubs. Naylor says in his column today that we can't compete with Wednesday and suggests our position in the budget table is going downwards and that we are likely to be lower than Hudds/Charlton ?, I can't see how this can really be the case unless all the others are spending way over their means. Agree totally that we just can't compete with the Prem parachute payments but can't see why we aren't at least matching everyone else now.

well said and agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports