Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kusczak signing imminent!!!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agree with what you're saying but, if he was still employed elsewhere; I would have thought he would be worth £1m transfer fee and £10k a week for 2 years which would add up to roughly the same...

This is very true, and he is worth £2 million for a two year contract, but...

But what happens when other players in our 1st team come to the manager asking for a pay rise to match our new keeper?

That's the problem. Wage structure.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Agree with what you're saying but, if he was still employed elsewhere; I would have thought he would be worth £1m transfer fee and £10k a week for 2 years which would add up to roughly the same...

Which then blows any concept of wage structure out of the window or, if you make him a special case, team spirit/unity.

Not worth it in either case really.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
True but we could surely say the same thing about CMS?

We could, if we knew for a fact what he was getting paid. Or what Kusczak is asking for.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so has he signed yet or is this all still rumour and innuendo?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm not even sure It would cost that much IMO. 15K tops. I'd say. But then again. How much Is CMS and Vicente on? I suspect Vicente Is on a pay to play basis. But If he goes back to Spain or whatever then that extra Is free.

Let's be honest here, you don't know what was offered, demanded, or indeed what we pay to other players, and neither do I.

And yet, you seem to think we have a "tinpot mentality".

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is this the longest thread (in terms of duration and number of pages) for a transfer that hasn't actually happened, and might not still come to anything?

At over 16 pages, it's pretty impressive, either way!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is this the longest thread (in terms of duration and number of pages) for a transfer that hasn't actually happened, and might not still come to anything?

Does the "Wilfred Zaha £4m?" thread count?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If hes after 20k pw then let him go. We of all teams should understand you need to be sensible with outgoings.

If there are 10 teams in this division that can outspend us (and I dont think there are) then there are more who can't. There are plenty of decent players available that will make us competitive but not on wages to make us bust.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Does the "Wilfred Zaha £4m?" thread count?

I was thinking a transfer to/from the Albion. I seem to remember the CMS one being quite long, but pretty sure a lot of that was AFTER he put pen to paper.

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)

Last summer's Kazenga thread seemed to run and run.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
But what happens when other players in our 1st team come to the manager asking for a pay rise to match our new keeper?

Simple, you tell them once their contract has expired, they are free to try and re-negotiate better terms. They're contracted players, not (as such) salaried employees.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We could, if we knew for a fact what he was getting paid. Or what Kusczak is asking for.

Allegedly 20k in the latter case, which is double our cap. Therefore, can we assume CMS is only on 10k?

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Allegedly 20k in the latter case, which is double our cap. Therefore, can we assume CMS is only on 10k?

I know it's all hearsay and none of us actually know (and I don't think the players know exactly what others are on) but I do know that a current member of the first team squad believes/thinks/guesses that CMS is on over double that (which is siginificantly more than he gets paid) - which is why I have slight reservations on the wage structure/salary cap argument.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sorry but where has this 20k come from. Someone made up that Mattock wanted 20k and everyone ran with it. (i very much doubt he is on that)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

As I understood it, there is no numerical financial cap, the club decides what a player is worth, and won't pay/offer any more. This is basically what was said by Gus and TB over the Glenn Murray affair.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think 20k a week for a top draw keeper, whom would have probably been on treble that at Utd is fair enough. If we get him to sign a four year deal, then that's the keeper sorted out if we were to go up...One of the most important position's on the pitch. If not the most important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here