Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kusczak signing imminent!!!!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Not at all but do you honestly think that we would reach the premier league paying players peanuts. We have to get out of this tinpot mentality that we've built up. Sure I can understand we are trying to build for the future but surely we aren't going to do much good If we keep getting players who are L1/L2 Standard. I for one think we over achieved last season and next season we will need to pull our finger out or It's going to be an early relegation battle.

So you'd prefer we sign players on £80,000 a week and go bust by 2015? Don't forget about the new ruling coming in about sustainability. We weren't spending stupid money at Withdean and we managed to get promoted enough in our time there. Why should we spend stupid amounts now for players that are chasing the cash and will run off the next time someone waves a bigger pay cheque? CMS came here even though he was offered more elsewhere. These are the players we want (although with a better scoring record would be nice).

In Tony I trust.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
So, do you think we can afford to throw, say £20k a week at Kusczak? Do you think that's sustainable?

I'm not even sure It would cost that much IMO. 15K tops. I'd say. But then again. How much Is CMS and Vicente on? I suspect Vicente Is on a pay to play basis. But If he goes back to Spain or whatever then that extra Is free.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Makes you wonder why people were acting like it was a done deal.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
So you'd prefer we sign players on £80,000 a week and go bust by 2015? Don't forget about the new ruling coming in about sustainability. We weren't spending stupid money at Withdean and we managed to get promoted enough in our time there. Why should we spend stupid amounts now for players that are chasing the cash and will run off the next time someone waves a bigger pay cheque? CMS came here even though he was offered more elsewhere. These are the players we want (although with a better scoring record would be nice).

In Tony I trust.

I never said anything about any players being on 80k a week.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So in a nutshell has he signed ?

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
The answer is to look outside of England - it's really only here that (other than the very top teams in europe) the wage expectations are so inflated.

Fingers crossed we can achieve that. Gus has said on numerous occasions that he will stay as long as we are improving - and to do that, we really do need to bring in a few very good players in a couple of key positions...

Need to wait until the end of August to see where we stand I guess - but from Gus saying that he expected a signing early this week, obviously he believed Kuszczack was on his way here (or someone else)

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Not at all but do you honestly think that we would reach the premier league paying players peanuts. We have to get out of this tinpot mentality that we've built up. Sure I can understand we are trying to build for the future but surely we aren't going to do much good If we keep getting players who are L1/L2 Standard. I for one think we over achieved last season and next season we will need to pull our finger out or It's going to be an early relegation battle.

And by doing this and not reaching the Premier League it'll be like Portsmouth all over again. I know you have to speculate to accumulate, but there is a limit...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ASSUMING we are going down the Mattock route again, and not paying what our competitors are willing to pay, will Vicente really want to stick around with the players we have and are likely to attract? I'd imagine not personally.

Hoping we announce a big signing soon and these seeds of doubt can F*** right off :down:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Great shame if we can't get him, would have been an amazingly good signing, but agree we can't break our budgets chasing Tony and Gus' Premier League dream.

Will have to wait till the season starts before evaluating the strength of our promotion chances and whether we can compete or not though. Still a long time to go.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I fully accept the need for financial restraint as regards wage levels to avoid the prospect of a repeat of the problems sufferred by Portsmount, but you would have to question the rational behind given league 1 type players contract extensions which obviously impact significantly on the budget. Addtionally with limited prospect for prgression if the rumours are to believed how long would the current season ticket sales levels be substained?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Wasnt this just a rumour anyway? I lost interest in the thread....

Don't think so - given Gus's comments I think we have been in talks with him and they have been haggling over terms. Maybe I'm just assuming it's him, but Gus's comments clearly suggested we were talking to someone and the press haven't really mentioned anyone else as much. Just my interpretation anyway.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we need a keeper , a solid left back, a ballbreaker of a mid-feilder and a TARGET MAN for cms to run off .....fact.........that is 5 million quids worth......end of ,pay up or struggle.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No and at this moment it would appear he;s unlikely to due to wage demands we can't afford. Rumoured to be in talks with Ipswich who can pay far more then we can.

How? Their average gate was 18267 last season. Have they got an Abramovich?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

These statements are all rather extreme and slightly hysterical.

No one would expect to pay good players peanuts but through prudence and presumably to keep the whole squad happy, there is a wage structure that the club follow.
Just because the club won't break the wage structure doesn't mean that we are tinpot.
We don't keep getting players of L1/L2 standard (and so what if we did, Norwich got promoted with half a team of them).
Your faith in the ability of our current squad to at least maintain last years finishing position is sad to read but possibly affected by the over emotional state you seem to be in.

Keep Calm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here