Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kusczak signing imminent!!!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No point In getting excited now folks. Knowing our luck we've missed our chance yet again to another team.

What do you mean 'missed our chance'? Do you mean 'not paid over the odds'?

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
What do you mean 'missed our chance'? Do you mean 'not paid over the odds'?

Not at all but do you honestly think that we would reach the premier league paying players peanuts. We have to get out of this tinpot mentality that we've built up. Sure I can understand we are trying to build for the future but surely we aren't going to do much good If we keep getting players who are L1/L2 Standard. I for one think we over achieved last season and next season we will need to pull our finger out or It's going to be an early relegation battle.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat
The story of #BHAFC's Summer to date might be continuing. We're getting whispers that Kuszczak's wage demands beyond what we want to pay.

If this is true; and we've missed out on both Mattock and Kuszczak due to wages, I don't believe Gus is going to be happy with his budget (despite what he has said).

If wages are too high for this sort of calibre of player, we're not going to be able to bring in players who will be able to take us into the Premier League. We will have to make do with what we have plus a couple of slight improvements.

To really mount a promotion challenge, we need Premier League calibre players in a number of positions (Goalkeeper being one of the main ones).

I, for one, am perfectly happy with another season in the Championship but I'm not sure Gus will be unless he is given a realistic chance of fighting for promotion.

Does make El Presidente's thread about the finances seem pretty likely...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not at all but do you honestly think that we would reach the premier league paying players peanuts. We have to get out of this tinpot mentality that we've built up. Sure I can understand we are trying to build for the future but surely we aren't going to do much good If we keep getting players who are L1/L2 Standard. I for one think we over achieved last season and next season we will need to pull our finger out or It's going to be an early relegation battle.

So, do you think we can afford to throw, say £20k a week at Kusczak? Do you think that's sustainable?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If this is true; and we've missed out on both Mattock and Kuszczak due to wages, I don't believe Gus is going to be happy with his budget (despite what he has said).

If wages are too high for this sort of calibre of player, we're not going to be able to bring in players who will be able to take us into the Premier League. We will have to make do with what we have plus a couple of slight improvements.

To really mount a promotion challenge, we need Premier League calibre players in a number of positions (Goalkeeper being one of the main ones).

I, for one, am perfectly happy with another season in the Championship but I'm not sure Gus will be unless he is given a realistic chance of fighting for promotion.

Does make El Presidente's thread about the finances seem pretty likely...

The answer is to look outside of England - it's really only here that (other than the very top teams in europe) the wage expectations are so inflated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here