Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kurt Zouma

D

Deleted member 2719

Zouma will get what he deserves……the thing I really just don’t get here is West Ham playing him last night. Staggeringly bad case of failing to read the room by the club. Made things so much worse.

Karen Brady it is with regret....... you're fired.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Starting again today. Not sure I'm that surprised, since he started the last one. Not sure Moyes would back down.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All going off now. Warming up, then runs away down the tunnel.

Perhaps he's gone to hide in Johnson's fridge?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That’s one of his nine lives used up then.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Glad that Zouma is experiencing the consequences of his actions.

Glad that Moyes’ tone deaf handling of the situation is causing last-minute disruptions to his preparations.

All entirely self-inflicted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Glad that Zouma is experiencing the consequences of his actions.

Glad that Moyes’ tone deaf handling of the situation is causing last-minute disruptions to his preparations.

All entirely self-inflicted.

Wet Sham supporters singing about Zouma and how he kicked a cat, if I'm not mistaken, as I watch the game on Sky. No comments from anyone. WTF?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Richards is a total cock. That laugh he has makes him sound retarded. What a boring pundit.

Playing the man, there. I enjoy Richards' punditry, even if he has 'misjudged the house' on this occasion :shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I find a little bit of Micah Richards goes an awfully long way these days. I like listening to the Monday Night Club from 7pm Mondays on 5 Live as it has a nice dynamic with Mar Chapman, Rory Smith, Micah Richards and Chris Sutton. But just recently, Richards has become overly argumentative on even the smallest point which, for me, can make for uncomfortable listening. Plus his complete inability to grasp why Man City routinely rolling out regulation 3-0 win after win becomes a little tedious, is deeply frustrating.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wet Sham supporters singing about Zouma and how he kicked a cat, if I'm not mistaken, as I watch the game on Sky. No comments from anyone. WTF?
Ooh! They've taken up my versio of the words to 'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles' - how sweet! :wink::)

Sky are too busy being outraged by Spurs supporters singing songs they've always sung!

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
West Ham have properly fúcked this up in my opinion. I would argue, on reflection, that his offence was probably not career ending in the same way that Adam Johnson's was, and Mason Greenwood's will undoubtedly be if / when convicted. As such, they've got this very wrong.

They've stubbornly tried to protect their asset, a £30m player and the third most expensive in the club's history. Fined him two week's wages and assumed that "if we say he can play, he can play". But they've forgotten two very important things.

Number one, it's 2022 and there are forces at play far bigger than any football club. Call it trial by social media, call it wokeism, call it what you want. If you are a high profile individual, and someone benefitting massively from that status, and you fúck up publicly, you will pay for it. No ifs, no buts. It doesn't matter how powerful you think you are / were; ask Harvey Weinstein, ask Kevin Spacey, ask Prince Andrew. Zouma's crime is different in nature to those individuals, but the same lesson applies 100%.

Secondly, in trying to protect their 'asset', they've forgotten about the human being. No matter how cowardly his acts where, Zouma is just as afflicted by the human condition as anyone else. I would assume, unless he is a genuine psychopath, that he has been through the emotional ringer in the last week. That's not a show of sympathy by the way, but a mere statement of fact. He'll have experienced crushing feelings of shame, embarrassment, fear, sadness, and regret. All entirely of his own making, but I imagine he's just experienced the worst week of his life.

He needed to be seen to have taken his medicine. He needed to be kept out of the firing line. For weeks at the very least, maybe a couple of months. He needed support from psychologists to help him understand how he came to do what he did in the first place, and how to deal with the consequences which will follow him around for a long time. Certainly for the rest of his career.

But West Ham thought they could take the shortcut. Be stubborn. Be resolute. Be behind the player. Perhaps they were, but all the time they were behind him, he was out on the front line getting absolutely peppered by enemy fire.

Well fúcking done, you mugs. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here