[Football] Kurt Zouma

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Cat owners who knowingly let their cats wander around outside of their property should be held in the same regard as Fox Hunters.

Both know their animals will kill other animals and they just don't care.

But cat owners don't train them to kill or take them out in packs to chase down prey?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Cats kill vermin which is why farmers are happy to have them on their properties. Cats cannot be contained like dogs.

https://abcbirds.org/program/cats-indoors/cats-and-birds/

Cats are a huge threat to what wildlife. They kill far more than vermin (see article). People need to take far more responsibility for their cats.

I hate cats. Still would never harm one though and think Zouma should be prosecuted for doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dogs have killed in packs for thousands of years. It's in their DNA thanks to the Wolves.

Wild dogs yes, They don't use wild dogs on fox hunts otherwise they would be too busy eating things like Rabbits to bother chasing after Foxes. That has been trained in to them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know I can't prove it but I GENUINELY don't think my cat kills any wildlife.

She's never brought anything back to us and I've seen her be on the same bit of land as all sorts of birds, squirrels etc. Never shown any hint of hunting instinct whatsoever.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Whilst both incidents are horrendous and despicable, it’s perhaps indicative of our society that a footballer has received more publicity for kicking a cat than the footballer who was recorded trying to allegedly rape his girlfriend.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

She's never brought anything back to us and I've seen her be on the same bit of land as all sorts of birds, squirrels etc. Never shown any hint of hunting instinct whatsoever.

Had cats all my life and some have never brought anything home, some have brought the occasional thing home. The 2 cats I have now ( Tom & Jerry) are at it all the time, I've seen them struggle over the fence with birds nearly as big as them! The one thing they won't go for though is a seagull they are seriously scared of those.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst both incidents are horrendous and despicable, it’s perhaps indicative of our society that a footballer has received more publicity for kicking a cat than the footballer who was recorded trying to allegedly rape his girlfriend.

When the girlfriend posted the video, it went viral. The male concerned was arrested under caution pretty soon afterwards so the press and media have to then keep quiet as it is an ongoing criminal investigation.

The only legal move, so far, is to remove the two cats from Zouma's home. Other investigations are ongoing but he hasn't been interviewed under caution yet.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

I've had a variety of cats. I had a tabby who wouldn't leave the house. She just wanted to be comfortable and wanted to know that people were close. She never went outside after we adopted her, except for when we took her to the vets for check ups. We had her about a decade with no interest in leaving the house. Similarly, we've had a cat who committed a lot of murders. He took out rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters along with the usual prey for cats. The neighbours' children quickly learnt not to allow their guinea pigs to run freely in the garden after the slaughter that took place. We've had a mixture down the years and we've also had cats who would roam freely but also showed no hunting instinct at all. They're all different creatures and I've loved all of them.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nicely played from Anotnio in the interview. Nothing like getting over an outrage with a bigger outrage. Wonder if Moyes instructed it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What has happened? I haven't seen an interview.

Antonio's circled the yawn East End wagons and gone for whataboutery. In recent times, who's the racist footballer caught hook, line and sinker on camera being racist?

“I’ve got a question for you: so, do you think what he’s done is worse than racism? I’m not condoning a thing that he’s done – I don’t agree with what he’s done at all – but there are people who have been caught for racism and have played football afterwards.

“They got punished, they got an eight-game punishment or something like that, but people are now calling for people to be sacked, to lose their livelihood. I’ve just got to ask this question to everyone out there: is what he’s done worse?”

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Antonio's circled the yawn East End wagons and gone for whataboutery. In recent times, who's the racist footballer caught hook, line and sinker on camera being racist?

“I’ve got a question for you: so, do you think what he’s done is worse than racism? I’m not condoning a thing that he’s done – I don’t agree with what he’s done at all – but there are people who have been caught for racism and have played football afterwards.

“They got punished, they got an eight-game punishment or something like that, but people are now calling for people to be sacked, to lose their livelihood. I’ve just got to ask this question to everyone out there: is what he’s done worse?”

Luis Suarez at Liverpool?

I agree with his general point though - there's a punishment, then they carry on. There's no way Zouma should face a more serious consequence than a player would for anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports