Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers staying - official

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Michel won't be leaving for Hull then ....

FROM ANANOVA

Hull manager Peter Taylor has ruled out a move for Michel Kuipers after City refused to match Brighton's asking price for the Dutch goalkeeper.

The 29-year-old enjoyed a successful three-game loan spell at the KC Stadium which was cut short due to a goalkeeping crisis at Brighton in September.

The shot-stopper was also keen on a move to the Third Division high-flyers, but Taylor will now look elsewhere after the two clubs had conflicting opinions over what Kuipers was worth.

"I'm probably going to look at one or two different options but it definitely won't be Michel," he told BBC Radio Humberside.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
superb news.

still cant change the fact that mcghee wants to off load a keeper.

lets just hope michel is fit and has won his place back by the next time we offer a keeper around!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Taylor had the cheek to claim we were messing him around in asking for a fee for Michel too. Twat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just the opening gambit, PT will be back

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I agree with Icy - once you start discussing this it's only a matter of time until the price is agreed. It may not be free - but it's equally unlikely to be our price.

I suspect that £75-100K will be the final figure. The only question is how long it takes to get there. If Hull start struggling (they've already dropped off the top of the league) then Taylor will be under even more pressure to do a deal. With the costs of financing the new stadium (to say nothing of McGhee's buying plans) we'll be under equal pressure to sell.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
This is all rather strange to work out. McGhee obviously wants to build a squad of his own and will need money but one department that won't need strenghtening is between the sticks. We have 2 decent keepers. If one is sold we will get some welcome money in but then we will need another keeper. What is the point.

We are healthy in the goalkeeping area so lets concentrate elsewhere.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This is great news. Do stay Michel. We need you.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I doubt he was ever going - BHAFC through and through

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
:clap: :clap: Surperb does anyone know how he is and if received our best wishes and flowers???

Thimble Keegan said:
This is all rather strange to work out. McGhee obviously wants to build a squad of his own and will need money but one department that won't need strenghtening is between the sticks. We have 2 decent keepers. If one is sold we will get some welcome money in but then we will need another keeper. What is the point.

We are healthy in the goalkeeping area so lets concentrate elsewhere.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

I get the impression that McGhee is not as convinced as us on this matter, and given what he's seen since he arrived I am not suprised..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here