• Kuipers

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • Roberts

Votes: 22 24.2%

• Total voters

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I'd be very sorry to see Roberts go, I still prefer him to Kuipers although I admit he has done well in the last two matches. I sincerely hope Roberts' doesn't have to give up through injury, that would be very sad. Due respect to Kuipers but I really hope to see Roberts back as the number one keeper.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
:bowdown:
0,,10433~372885,00.jpg
:bowdown:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BUTTERBALL said:
In terms of SHOT STOPPING ALONE I think Kuipers is the best keeper in the division. Sometimes the kicking and box domination are not as good. If you could take Paddy Kenny's box domination and kicking (as yesterday) and Kuipers shot stopping, you would have some keeper!

Kuipers' kicking has improved unbelievably this season. To the point where I think he's better now in that department than Roberts. Yesterday he only put one kick into touch-the rest were straight and down the middle and considerably further than he could ever kick before. I suspect that somebody has been giving him some extra coaching!?!?!?

We're lucky that we have 2 good 'keepers but I prefer Kuipers and always have-not 100% sure why that should be but...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The distance of Kuipers kicks is not the problem...in fact, a couple of times yesterday he kicked it too far and ended up with their goalie. What is the problem is that he has a habit of kicking it to the other side of the pitch to which our strikers are standing.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not this again !........

I think Roberts is better.

But there is no way you can take the shirt of Kuipers at the moment as he is performing superbly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have to say despite Michel's good form I would go for Roberts on distribution and command of defence.

However it may be a while before Ben is back so keep up the great work FDM

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
They are both quality keepers and would be welcomed in any championship side!! The Sheff Utd keeper looked like a sumo

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Bwian said:
Kuipers' kicking has improved unbelievably this season. To the point where I think he's better now in that department than Roberts.

What?

At Watford and Gillingham his kicking was attrocious - he was better against Forest, and I wasn't at Sheff Utd, but it's looked poor when I've seen him. For my money, Roberts can do everything Kuipers can do, but he commands his area, distributes better and is more athletic. But Roberts on the bench for a couple of games when he gets back, then make Kuipers fight for his place. I think McGhee sees Roberts as his number one, but will give FDM the chance to keep the shirt.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Repugnant Toad said:
What?

For my money, Roberts can do everything Kuipers can do, but he commands his area, distributes better and is more athletic.

What?

Are you tripping?

Roberts shot stopping is no where near that of Kuipers, in fact Id say leagues apart. To say hes more athletic is also a joke, hes always bloody injured.

His distribution may be marginally better, but thats about it. Lets not forget the numerous coco moments last season, even a couple at Cardiff.

I say get rid of Roberts at the end of the season, hes very well paid and very injury prone, we can then get in a reliable second keeper who is cheaper.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I get absolutely flabbergasted by people talking about Kuipers' kicking - a real slap your hand on your forehead thing. It was a feeble excuse Micky Adams came up with to put Cartwright in goal during that season when he couldn't choose between the two.

Aside from that nonsense, I don't recall Kuipers ever being 'dropped'. He lost his place when he was either suspended or injured, and couldn't get his place back.

I am struggling to think of a weakness in Kuipers' game. Command of the box, communication with the defence, catches on crosses, shot-stopping - all first class, and I always feel confident when he is playing. His distribution can de made to look mediocre at times by virtue of the fact that Albion's midfield is so weak in the air.

As someone said on here, if Roberts is a better keeper :lolol: then he will be playing anyway, irrespective of form - so it's an academic point.

dovorian

Feb 27, 2004
Burgess hill
Kuipers or Roberts

Funny but until his Car crash Michel seemed to be everybodys
choice, now it doesnt seem so .

Personally, a part from his kicking a times,keeping the ball on the island rather than the length I would have michel every time.

Roberts give sme pulatations with his dribbling, seen it happen at least 4 times for the club at first team and reserve level, also May is a s bad, Alright they were only glorifed friendlies but Chris kicke d straight to a defender in Chichester United game (roy hayden TrophY.also at Littlehampton recently.

Maybe Richard Martin needs to get a chance in the resrves.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've always preferred FDM, but thought Roberts was running him close at the end of last season / beginning of this season.

In his current form, Kuipers is un-droppable (if that's a word).

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Albion Dan said:
To say hes more athletic is also a joke, hes always bloody injured.

That's not even remotely the same thing now is it? He is far more athletic in goal - how many times has he been beaten from long range? How times has it happened to Kuipers this season alone? It's no coincidence.

Albion Dan said:
His distribution may be marginally better, but thats about it. Lets not forget the numerous coco moments last season, even a couple at Cardiff.

He stopped after McGhee arrived, and was utter class for the remainder of the season, gaining us numerous points. As for Cardiff - he spilt one shot for a corner. That's hardly a "coco moment" is it? Or if it is, how many has Kuipers made?

Kuipers has no command of his box, needs his defenders to call for him - Gillingham game especially, and is far too indecisive. His kicking is oft-cited, but is only a minor element of his weaknesses. Roberts is a superb keeper at this level, and is on another level to Kuipers - how anyone disputes this is bizarre, but it seems to be on the same wavelength as those who abuse Leon Knight endlessly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
b.w.2. said:
Kuipers for me... just... but they are both great keepers...

You certainly cannot see MM dropping the FDM on current form, even if Roberts does get fit...

i think you can mm considers roberts as his number one

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You dont know who MM considers his number 1, look at the poll results, that many people cant be wrong.

MM has had untold amounts of praise for Kuipers lately and I think unless Michel gets injured well never see Roberts on the pitch in our shirt again. No loss at all, we can get as good cover much cheaper.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Albion Dan said:
You dont know who MM considers his number 1, look at the poll results, that many people cant be wrong.

That isn't the question. When Roberts gets fit again, I would put him on the bench despite thinking he is the better keeper, as Kuipers should keep it if he can play well, until he loses it through poor performances or Roberts does enough in McGhee's eyes to merit the place.

I believe Roberts will win his place back - and as for "that many can't be wrong" - I don't suppose the verdict of NSC will bend McGhee's mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here