• Henderson

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 14.0%

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Henderson is a quality keeper and the future is good. I a Kuipers fan but don't really see what Henderson has done wrong

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Hendo, as today demonstrated, although NSC will always worship at the altar of the FDM.

Interesting that Hendo got a load of flak for the first goal, but when Kuipers did exactly the same thing on Wednesday, it was described as an "absolutely brilliant save".

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rookie said:
Henderson is a quality keeper and the future is good. I a Kuipers fan but don't really see what Henderson has done wrong
Crewe's first goal? A shocker from Henderson. I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for the third, but the nature of how he makes saves has meant on rushing attackers after the initial shot can fill their boots with the rebound.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that I am speechless beyond redemption that the Kuipers is not automatically playing at the moment. This is not necessarily a finger-pointing exercise at McGhee - Kuipers has been second choice keeper to others under different managers - but I find his goalkeeping (and I don't buy into this absolute bollocks about his distribution) safe and secure.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Repugnant Toad said:
Hendo, as today demonstrated, although NSC will always worship at the altar of the FDM.

Interesting that Hendo got a load of flak for the first goal, but when Kuipers did exactly the same thing on Wednesday, it was described as an "absolutely brilliant save".

Quite! I think anything or anyone that is linked to the Adams Era is held in such high esteem that all these faults are forgotten!

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Repugnant Toad said:

FDM didn't concede though...

Hendo had a nervous game today but I think McGhee has to back his guy, so I will vote for Hendo for now. But Kuipers has his chance next week and good luck to him, if he plays outstandingly well, then we'll see. That would be a better time to take this poll.

BTW - there was a point blank save today by Hendo in the second half that you will not see bettered all season. Also a great save to keep it 0-0 just before we opened the scoring. Shame that he once again knocked a decent save to an opposition's forwards feet, but I'd have liked to have seen our defenders chase the rebound as hungrily as the Crewe forwards. Hendo had got them out of trouble earlier, they didn't repay the debt.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Repugnant Toad said:

Because, and I can't believe this needs explaining, Kuipers scooped the ball away from the oncoming attacker. Henderson - not for the first time - let it roll into the path of the onrushing attacker, and hey presto - the equaliser.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Henderson was DREADFUL today - I seem to have missed these "world-class" saves others have been mentioning, apart from some half-decent saves when it was too late, but caught a pretty awful effort with the free-kick - far from the first time he's done that either - plus the "let's see if I can kick this ball up your arse" contest.

Kuipers is simply a better f***ing goalkeeper, full stop. Why isn't he playing?

Oct 25, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
I seem to have missed these "world-class" saves others have been mentioning,
?

you clearly did! the point blank from maynard when he turned both lynch and santos, leving him with acres of space to pick his spot before big wayne POUNCED on the ball

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The Large One said:
Because, and I can't believe this needs explaining, Kuipers scooped the ball away from the oncoming attacker. Henderson - not for the first time - let it roll into the path of the onrushing attacker, and hey presto - the equaliser.

Think you're rewriting history there a bit - Kuipers pushed it straight back out just as Hendo did, the only difference being that at this higher level, the better striker reacted far more quickly and got there first. There was no difference at all in the actual save.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here