• Ryan

Votes: 201 67.0%
  • Krul

Votes: 99 33.0%

• Total voters

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Krul is really overrated on here.

Sure, he used to be quality, but that was before his serious injuries. Last season he had the worst save rate in the Dutch league. There's a reason Newcastle let him go.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
There really are some twats on here, it gets quite embarrassing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought the Flying Finn was the No. 2 keeper. Krul is third choice.

Brugesboy

Aug 17, 2017
Ryan should still be first choice but he needs to step up his game now.

Don't really understand his performances for the moment, at Bruges he was very reliable, in all his games I only remember him making one huge mistake.

He made some really spectacular saves, was very capable of distributing the ball and was one of the main reasons we won the cup and reached the quarter-final in the Europa league.

But since he left for Valencia it seems he hasn't really improved and lost his confidence a little which he had plenty of back then.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Not having a go at the bloke. Ryan makes world class saves and is better technically than DS imho. It's the fact that you know he has a potential simple mistake in him every game that's the worry. I really do hope he proves himself, but having a keeper with those kind of prone mistakes is the last thing we need if trying to stay up.

forget DS, he's history !!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I can't see Krul coming on loan to be 3rd choice here, so it will be interesting. Especially if Ryan is suffering from long flights after international duty.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Tim Krul because we're playing against Tony HOOFBALL Pulis. Krul is taller and more dominant, Ryan relies on his reactions more which is fine for pretty much every game this season, apart from West Brom.

Ultimately, it's too soon to be talking about this. Ryan being away with Australia is a massive opportunity for Krul, he can train with just Maenpaa and Sanchez and really get his eye back in. It'll be thursday before Ryan is back, probably not even straight into training that day, or just a shorter session. I think Krul has the week to show Ben Roberts and Hughton by association that he's the man, he should start. We're going to spend the whole week working on defending set pieces, and hurling Shane Duffy at Krul as practice for what's to come. Ryan won't get the same preparation time and he's not seen West Brom before, or anything like what they're going to do.

I would pick Krul, 100%.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here