smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
World In Motion
Vindaloo
This Time
3 Lions

Play on repeat in the build up, (add beer, plenty of)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Possibly the same people who were/are fans of artists from the 1960s who were WELL under the influence of all sorts of things while producing their music!

Do you not see the difference between:

a) music for the fans and
b) music commissioned specifically by an national body with a specific remit that has anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-drugs and inclusivity message at the heart of its ethos?

People can listen to whatever music they like, but when the FA partners up with a group that produces a song the lyrics of which undermines almost everything the FA stands for then someone needs to call this hypocrisy out for what it is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I keep seeing this thread bounced and wondered what it's about. Having opened it I'm none the wiser. Someone makes a dull record. Happens every day, innit? :shrug:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I keep seeing this thread bounced and wondered what it's about. Having opened it I'm none the wiser. Someone makes a dull record. Happens every day, innit? :shrug:

Some people are upset because The Argus erroneously reported that it was an official FA commissioned song.

The production company that made the documentary said:

The 60 minute documentary, an idea originated and developed by Ten Toes Media and COPA90, follows the journey of the rap duo as they travel the country meeting members of the England team, Gareth Southgate and some of the most influential young music artists in the UK as they attempt to discover what it means to be English in 2021.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some people are upset because The Argus erroneously reported that it was an official FA commissioned song.

The production company that made the documentary said:

England manager and some of the reserves vist the set of television's Magpie to show some kids some moves? That kind of thing? Three hundred and eighty two posts? Jesus H Christ on a bike. :laugh:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
England manager and some of the reserves vist the set of television's Magpie to show some kids some moves? That kind of thing? Three hundred and eighty two posts? Jesus H Christ on a bike. :laugh:

You also missed an enthralling debate on whether black people using the N word is accpetable, and someone comparing the F.A letting two rappers do the (un)official England song to inviting a serial child rapist to a kids birthday. It's been one hell of a stupid thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You also missed an enthralling debate on whether black people using the N word is accpetable, and someone comparing the F.A letting two rappers do the (un)official England song to inviting a serial child rapist to a kids birthday. It's been one hell of a stupid thread

:lolol:

Very little trigger is needed to propel some people into revealing their unconscious biases. Who knew?

Right, I'm off to set fire to the home of a paediatrician.

:thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Do you not see the difference between:

a) music for the fans and
b) music commissioned specifically by an national body with a specific remit that has anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-drugs and inclusivity message at the heart of its ethos?

People can listen to whatever music they like, but when the FA partners up with a group that produces a song the lyrics of which undermines almost everything the FA stands for then someone needs to call this hypocrisy out for what it is.

Yes, I can see the difference.

Do I have an issue with that song being associated with the FA? Not in the slightest :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, I can see the difference.

Do I have an issue with that song being associated with the FA? Not in the slightest :shrug:

Why not? Does the lyrical content not matter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here