Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Krator Comedy Club - The Komedia

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Thinking of taking the Mrs to this on Saturday but have never been to the Komedia before.
Anyone been to one of these nights and is it any good?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Have been to bloody loads over the years. Always had a fantastic time and most of the acts are hilarious. Tip us to get a few jugs of beer for the table because it's pretty tight down there and the bar gets proper busy in intervals. Also, never get up to go for a piss when an act us on. Enjoy, you'll have a blast

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yep, went early Feb for my birthday. Mrs P had booked the meal thing and the comedy show. The night we went there were 3 comedians, and the host (who I believe posts here occasionally? ) Thoroughly enjoyed it, but I guess ultimately it's down to who is on and your preferred style of humour. Also, if you don't want to draw attention to yourself, DON'T sit at the front! All in all a great night out :thumbsup:

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Have been to bloody loads over the years. Always had a fantastic time and most of the acts are hilarious. Tip us to get a few jugs of beer for the table because it's pretty tight down there and the bar gets proper busy in intervals. Also, never get up to go for a piss when an act us on. Enjoy, you'll have a blast

Thanks for the post. Also website shows 3 start times...7pm, 8pm and 10:30pm.........How long are acts?...Surely its not just an hour each performance?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
It used to be 2 start times. 7 & 10:30. If you go to the early one it finishes at 10 and then that gives them half hour to sort the place out. No idea what that 8pm is all about. Must be a mistake but check.
Always go to the early one. Acts are fresh and you have enough time to hit a few bars. Be interested to know what you think of it after you go mate

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
It used to be 2 start times. 7 & 10:30. If you go to the early one it finishes at 10 and then that gives them half hour to sort the place out. No idea what that 8pm is all about. Must be a mistake but check.
Always go to the early one. Acts are fresh and you have enough time to hit a few bars. Be interested to know what you think of it after you go mate

Thanks mate, probably going to have to do the late show as having dinner somewhere before! I'm sure it will be great and will let you know what it was like!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Great stuff mate, enjoy and this has made me realise I haven't been in about a year so now I'm making plans

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The 7pm and 10:30 shows are downstairs, the 8pm one is upstairs. The 10:30 show only has 2 comedians rather than 3 and is cheaper.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Depends who's on went last month and all 3 comics were shit , but on another night it's completely the opposite well worth going though if not been, saves the train fare to London to go to comedy store so a good night out if you wanna stay in Brighton to see decent comedians (sometimes )

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've been probably 20-30 times and only had one shit night there. Don't take her if she's offended by naughty words though... and as said above, don't sit down the front (they often try and make you!) Get there 45 minutes before it starts so you have a decent choice of seats.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The 7pm and 8pm shows are £20.00/head or £29.00 with the meal deal. The 10:30pm show is £15.00/head.

The comedians appearing this weekend are: Loretta Maine, Sean Collins, Gerry K with regular MC Stephen Grant. Not sure which two will be at the 10:30pm show but all this info is on the Krater website! http://www.komedia.co.uk/brighton/krater/shows-at-krater/

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have been a few times and would agree with all the above, usually a very good night out, don't laugh too loud, avoid eye contact with acts, DON'T ATTEMPT TO HECKLE ! you WILL be shot down. Stephen Grant = Brilliant !

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I sat down the front with the missus (on their advice - they said any banter would likely to be mild). We were in the centre right under the mike stand and it was brilliant. The host went a along the four tables at the front and had a few laughs at/with us but it was all in good spirit and never turned nasty. We had a thoroughly brilliant night - all three acts were good - particularly Doc Brown who you can find on You Tube.

Definitely worth going and don't be put off with a front seat - the view's great!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's always a good night and as someone mentioned, the host posts here under the name of @ComedySteve

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm off there tonight for a work do, it's probably my 8th time going to Kratar and I've always enjoyed it. Obviously you have expect some comedians to be weaker than others (a woman that just shouted c*nt a lot springs to mind) but they do try and cater for all tastes so you often get at least one swearing comedian, one with a gimmick and one more middle of the road.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It's quite good that you get a mix of comedians. Some you'll never have heard of, some you may vaguely recognise and sometimes there are more established acts. I've seen Omid Djalili, Milton Jones and I think Reginald D Hunter there as well

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thinking of taking the Mrs to this on Saturday but have never been to the Komedia before.

I work there, it is a great night out. Please sit in the front row, I know no one wants to sit there but think how rubbish it would be if no one did.

The 7pm and 10:30 shows are downstairs, the 8pm one is upstairs. The 10:30 show only has 2 comedians rather than 3 and is cheaper.

The comedians appearing this weekend are: Loretta Maine, Sean Collins, Gerry K with regular MC Stephen Grant. Not sure which two will be at the 10:30pm show but all this info is on the Krater website! http://www.komedia.co.uk/brighton/krater/shows-at-krater/

This is an absolutley superb line up. Two headliners, one of which, Sean Collins, is the best act we have down there regularly. The late show will probably be Loretta Maine and Sean Collins, it is usually the two strongest acts on that show.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Its good you will need to book - re- the sitting near the front if its just you and your mrs going they will put you at the front or you can share a table with other to avoid the front. Me and the GF always go for the front - its a laugh and not too brutal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here