Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going to try and get Amsterdam tickets for Autobahn and Radioactivity. Should make for a nice weekend with die Frau.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bagged some tickets for Radioactivity on the Saturday.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Is no-one going to vote for Electric Cafe? (sorry, Techno Pop)

It does sound horribly dated next to the others with the Kevorkian production and the 'singing'.

Man Machine is certainly my favourite,, but completely agree that listening to Europe Endless is the best way to send 9 mins 40 seconds.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Is no-one going to vote for Electric Cafe? (sorry, Techno Pop)

It does sound horribly dated next to the others with the Kevorkian production and the 'singing'.

Man Machine is certainly my favourite,, but completely agree that listening to Europe Endless is the best way to send 9 mins 40 seconds.

It isn't my favourite Kraftwerk album, but Electric Café is the one I listen to the most. Have to be in the right mood for most of the others, but a bit of 'Boing Boom Tschak' is great for toing and froing work in the car.
Will they ever release another record?

Autobahn for me , the first time i heard any of it as a youngster was when a middle bit was used in a BBC kids programme ... also the use of kometmelodie(sp) for various airshows ( usually red arrows ) when the BBC covered such things .
After that I discovered trans europe express and also like the maximum-minimum album.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw Radioactivity at Tate Modern. It was memorable.

It's a wonderful album. I have been playing it a lot after getting the tickets and forgot how brilliant it can be.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I hated having to choose, as I love them all.
Geniuses.
My friend Emile saw them at tribal gathering in the mid 90's and admitted to openly weeping with happiness (and no, he hadnt got on the pills).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've really been getting into Trans Europe Express again recently and after the gig last night was reading some stuff about it's legacy.

the album "is often cited as perhaps the archetypal (and most accessible) Kraftwerk album ... Overall, Trans-Europe Express offers the best blend of minimalism, mechanized rhythms, and crafted, catchy melodies in the group's catalog".

the album "changed the face of American dance music"

"Trans-Europe Express is all at once antique, timeless, retro and contemporary"

"Its status as modern electronic music's birth certificate is well-earned"

"the day will soon come, if it hasn't already, that Trans-Europe Express joins the ranks of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Exile on Main Street as a record that simply cannot be written about".

It's all true isnt it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PS I am currently driving the Frau nuts with my Kraftwerk hyperactivity.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Ah Kraftwerk a fine band and my all time number 3 favourite German band after Can and Neu and a little ahead of Kraan in my Germanic music appreciation list!

U2 konnte nicht thier Stiefel schnüren!

TNBA

TTF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just announced a series of Katalog shows in Oslo in Aug 2016. Going to try and see Computer World this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here