Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kos

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Went to Kos a few years ago, and never again KOS town is like Blackpool on a bad day and the rest if the island is flat and boring. If you like playing pool, fosters lager, chips and eggs and pissed up club 18-30 idiots singing 'here we go' then it's the place for you. Best Greek Islands are Santorini, Lesbos, Ithaca,, Santos, a bit for everyone.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
As a couple have already stated, go to Nisyros on a boat trip, the coach trip to the top of the volcano will scare the sh$t out of you but worth it.:eek:

I stayed on Nisyros for the best part of a week when I went Greek Island hopping. The trek upto the volanco was epic. Though I think I was farting sulphur for the next few days.

I used to watch the boats from Kos from my hotel balcony coming over in the morning, and going back in the evening. Then the island was lovely at peacefull, with just a few locals and tourists.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Stayed in an AI a mile or 2 outside of Kardamena last June.

very relaxing.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Went there on a 'lads holiday' a few years ago.

If you don't want to be around the party goes who do not get in until 8pm then stay away from Kardemena.

Oh how things change.
I went to Kardemena about 30 odd years ago, it was just a small place with bars along the seafront and 1 club where the local Greek men oogled the British girls.
We met so many people and all met up at night in the bars. We had a great time. Beer was 50 drachma a bottle, food was good and cheap £200 would easily last 14 days. Souvlaki Giros of course on the way back to hotel every night.
The girls we met were all up for it. It was just one of those holidays where everything went right.
Kos Town in those days was also very nice.
Very fond memories of Kos

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Unless your going on an 18-30 holiday (or are looking to pick up some of the collateral from those who are on an 18-30 holiday) I'd give Kos a miss. There are many other much nicer, much more interesting islands to visit.

Jan 30, 2008
Unless your going on an 18-30 holiday (or are looking to pick up some of the collateral from those who are on an 18-30 holiday) I'd give Kos a miss. There are many other much nicer, much more interesting islands to visit.
Yep , Rhodes and Crete for starters ,Skiathos and , Keffalonia worth a shout
regards
DR

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Hated it - far too many package tourists giving it Thick Brit Abroad. The other Dodecanese islands (Patmos, Tilos, Kalymnos, Nissiros, Symi, Leros etc) are far better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here