Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Korean signs

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I double checked my dog was still around the house when I heard this

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
To be fair she might be needed up at Burnley, it fits our progressive club narrative and BOY do we need a new striker.

Maybe we're going to do something unprecedented.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We have woman’s team?

Who play football?

What ever next !

ac1f23082bb7ebc43d7c9b7bca155e7d.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, I saw that in the Argus and got all excited. The link actually said 'Albion sign South Korean international striker', and when clicked the headline on the page said 'Brighton sign Geum-Min Lee on a free transfer'. I don't know Korean male/female/trans names so I had no idea it was a woman (and the photo is pretty androgynous as well) until I saw the words 'Hope Powell' - when I said a rude word and closed the page with a flash of disappointment.

Unlike others I AM a fan of women's football, I've paid to see women's matches and I always watch the English team on TV, but the fact of the matter is the Albion's Men's team is WAY more important than the women's and the stories shouldn't be given parity - especially when we're on the lookout for a striker.

Sorry, I'm probably just angry with myself that I fell for the Argus clickbait. I'm pleased for the Seagirls. (Is that their nickname?)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yeah, I saw that in the Argus and got all excited. The link actually said 'Albion sign South Korean international striker', and when clicked the headline on the page said 'Brighton sign Geum-Min Lee on a free transfer'. I don't know Korean male/female/trans names so I had no idea it was a woman (and the photo is pretty androgynous as well) until I saw the words 'Hope Powell' - when I said a rude word and closed the page with a flash of disappointment.

Unlike others I AM a fan of women's football, I've paid to see women's matches and I always watch the English team on TV, but the fact of the matter is the Albion's Men's team is WAY more important than the women's and the stories shouldn't be given parity - especially when we're on the lookout for a striker.

Sorry, I'm probably just angry with myself that I fell for the Argus clickbait. I'm pleased for the Seagirls. (Is that their nickname?)
Someone, somewhere thinks they have been really smart by fooling you. :shrug: Lol.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Man City's loss. She's not their Seoul striker, she's our Seoul striker.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It doesn't take much! :lolol::lolol: I just thought "Striker! Yes! *click* ....... Oh BOLLOCKS!"

If its any consolation, the same thing probably happened to GPott when he saw it as an agenda item for the last Board meeting

el punal

a load of you on here need to chill out and at the same time get a sense of humour.

No worries on that score, we’re all chilled out and we’ve got a sense of humour. The problem though are your posts which, unless I’ve missed a goodie, are incredibly banal and definitely not funny. I’ll give you a few brownie points for winding people up, which I believe is your intention, but bloody hell it certainly is basement level sarcasm. To use an old teaching expression - “Must try harder.” :bigwave:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
To bring the thread back to a more serious note I do wish that all media outlets would just put a (M) for Men and (W) for Women after their headlines about sports news.

As this would save me about 5 seconds of my life opening links to find it refers to somebody called "Karen" or "Brenda"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here