Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Koi Carp

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
After a good few years i’ve decided to close down my Koi pond.

The big problem is knowing what to do with the fish. I’ve roughly a dozen, ranging from around 12” to 20”. Quite a nice mix, some were expensive some where cheaper.

If anyone is interested in the fish or the filters etc send me a PM.

Naturally it’s a case of take all or nothing as I don’t want to left with odds and ends.

And before some smart arse suggests eating them or suchlike sensible replies only please.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
If you want to donate them, i'm happy for you to put them in the Rockery opposite Preston Park where they will spend their days with the other koi, orfe, carp, roach and terrapins. They will be looked after.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I’m not 100% but isn’t the transfer of fish to public ponds/parks illegal due to the possible spread of disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
If you want to donate them, i'm happy for you to put them in the Rockery opposite Preston Park where they will spend their days with the other koi, orfe, carp, roach and terrapins. They will be looked after.

That is a great plaice for them. I bet the OP haddock thought of an id'eel' plaice like that. They'll be living the bream there & the kids scampi-ing across the steeping stones would love to see them.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Why don't you jus...

And before some smart arse suggests eating them or suchlike sensible replies only please.

...ah, forget it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I will check but i'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to ornamental ponds.....only to "wild/natural" ponds

Haven't checked, but my understanding is you can move fish to a 'locked' water (ie no stream in or out or connections to other watercourses) with the owner's permission without any licence/health checks (unless the water is a registered fishery)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Haven't checked, but my understanding is you can move fish to a 'locked' water (ie no stream in or out or connections to other watercourses) with the owner's permission without any licence/health checks (unless the water is a registered fishery)

Cheers mate, i thought pretty much the same. One of my volunteers at the Rockery is a top guy in his local angling club and has to deal with the EA and this sort of stuff on a daily basis....i'll see him tomorrow.

To the OP...i'm happy to take the fish but get some dollar for them if you can fella.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers mate, i thought pretty much the same. One of my volunteers at the Rockery is a top guy in his local angling club and has to deal with the EA and this sort of stuff on a daily basis....i'll see him tomorrow.

To the OP...i'm happy to take the fish but get some dollar for them if you can fella.

Perfect - I'm on the committee of ours but I'm in no way Top Boy :lol::lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Have you considered the OP's 'visiting rights', maybe the odd weekend or occasional trip to McDonalds :wink:

If they go to Jevs's loads of people will get to appreciate them :thumbsup:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I helped build a huge pond a few years ago that I'm sure will take them if all else fails. Its on private land but does have public visiting for weddings etc... Huge meaning a good 10-20 foot deep and 60' across.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here