Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knuckle down Jurgen…..

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It's quite understandable to buy a player for a high price who's done quite well elsewhere and he then turn out to be not up to the quality of the Premier League.

It's quite astonishing to buy a player for a high price who has looked really quite shit with us and every team loaned out to since and now it seems we can't give away and might have to pay up and cancel his contract.

He must have impressed Coventry and Millwall in those games though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's quite understandable to buy a player for a high price who's done quite well elsewhere and he then turn out to be not up to the quality of the Premier League.

It's quite astonishing to buy a player for a high price who has looked really quite shit with us and every team loaned out to since and now it seems we can't give away and might have to pay up and cancel his contract.

He must have impressed Coventry and Millwall in those games though.

More astonishingly still, we're in a situation where we're so limited in numbers up front we may end up naming him in the 25

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Can knuckle down and work his backside off in training and it will still be impossible for Potter to pick him.

He's shit.

I wonder how his agent describes Locadias talent, when touting him for clubs ???

He's shit could be described as.............

Over to you :lolol:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
He may not have been a complete success in his time with us, I still think it is pretty shitty to not even put his face on the club website as a member of the squad. What is up with that?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The only club likely to be remotely interested in him is the Ministry of Sound.

Quite likely with Norman's contacts there. I've heard we're negotiating a swap deal and getting Paul Oakenfold in return.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Money is of consequence to this football club. It isn't to many, many clubs in our league who can afford to throw it around without a care in the world. In our reality, we have several players we'd need to move on in order to finance bringing in a new signing on big wages. If we could have moved on Andone earlier and found a new home for Locadia in the same we did for Propper and Jahanbakhsh, I think we'd have been more likely to compete. I don't think transfer fees are the issue (although we clearly wouldn't go too extreme), I think it's the wage burden that really slows us down. Do we want to take an enormous risk on a striker on £100k a week on a 5 year contract? And are we (the fans) prepared to see cuts required in other areas of the squad in order to pay for him?

Personally, I'm not convinced there's a silver bullet striker out there for us. The squad has been nicely developed over the last few years and we're very close to being where we want to be, hovering around the top 10. In reality, if we found ourselves 10-14th this season it would be a success story. We have the squad, with the additional of Cucurella, to achieve that ambition.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Money is of consequence to this football club. It isn't to many, many clubs in our league who can afford to throw it around without a care in the world. In our reality, we have several players we'd need to move on in order to finance bringing in a new signing on big wages. If we could have moved on Andone earlier and found a new home for Locadia in the same we did for Propper and Jahanbakhsh, I think we'd have been more likely to compete. I don't think transfer fees are the issue (although we clearly wouldn't go too extreme), I think it's the wage burden that really slows us down. Do we want to take an enormous risk on a striker on £100k a week on a 5 year contract? And are we (the fans) prepared to see cuts required in other areas of the squad in order to pay for him?

Personally, I'm not convinced there's a silver bullet striker out there for us. The squad has been nicely developed over the last few years and we're very close to being where we want to be, hovering around the top 10. In reality, if we found ourselves 10-14th this season it would be a success story. We have the squad, with the additional of Cucurella, to achieve that ambition.

This.

And boy am I tired of the whinnets accusing the board of failure and incompetence for not achieving the unreasonable, and their tedious mockery of the rest of our contentedness with 'failure' and inevitable relegation. Far cough.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This.

And boy am I tired of the whinnets accusing the board of failure and incompetence for not achieving the unreasonable, and their tedious mockery of the rest of our contentedness with 'failure' and inevitable relegation. Far cough.

I am interested. Who said relegation? What has been said is don’t spout top 10 ambition without backing up that goal in the transfer market.

Shame some on here cannot see a failure when it is in front of their face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I am interested. Who said relegation? What has been said is don’t spout top 10 ambition without backing up that goal in the transfer market.

Shame some on here cannot see a failure when it is in front of their face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removed comment due to guilt at rudeness of it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whatever else happens we must assume Locadia gets bench time and a last chance to prove himself. If he fails we only have a 16yr old behind him!
Let’s hope he finds fitness, focus and self confidence.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Off to Turkey apparently, their window is still open.

Yes. The Turks took a Palace Donkey and got him scoring loads and loads; they then flogged him and made a huge profit. Perhaps they are trying to do the same? (If they are, no one tell them the truth)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Whatever else happens we must assume Locadia gets bench time and a last chance to prove himself. If he fails we only have a 16yr old behind him!
Let’s hope he finds fitness, focus and self confidence.

Think we might see some Locadia (and some 16yr) vs Swansea in the Cabablawow Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here