Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky to start on Sat & repay his red card

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Why would you ever want to see him in a Brighton shirt again??

He has proven he is not the type of player you need in a battle.

That tackle stopped any chance of another comeback from 2-0 down. Its not like he hasn't got previous. Everton last season.

Crystal Palace a few weeks ago. A different ref, not in the first minute, he would have walked. 3 points lost, and relagation odds on. The only good thing about that tackle against Bournemouth was he didn't badly injure the opponent.

Sorry, but Knockaet has proven he is a child in a man's body, and sulks and is downright dangerous if he has a little tantrum, so for me I wouldn't want him near a side fighting relegation, as the chances are if things don't go exactly how he wants them too, he will have a sulk or even worse, as we have seen way too many times now.

He's a goalscorer in a team desperate for a goal.
He's a game changer, when he's in the mood.
He's currently better than Ali J or Izquierdo.
He loves the club, the shirt and the fans.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't blame him for being frustrated at how we play, the bloke thrives on attacking style football and to put it mildly we are not a very attack minded team, he has a problem with his ability to keep a lid on his emotions he cares about how others see him and wants to impress, but that just boils over into complete and utter stupidity sometimes and it's no doubt as frustrating for him as it is the manager and us the fans, I hope he makes the bench and the club have had a word and offered any help he requires to sort himself out once and for all, it's last chance saloon time I think in that respect , but i for one do not want to see him go but I completely understand those that do want shot of him.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
This is all dressing room talk, and how Chris decides to deal with the situation.

I can see both happening. But who knows?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Given that Chris appears hell bent on ending this season with as many of the Championship team as he can muster I'd say Knocky is a shoe in to start ahead of Izzy, with March on the left.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Depends on performances tomorrow night. I dont like the idea of awarding a player with a start following suspension after a red like AK's by almost saying 'go out there and repay the club and fans'
If CH picks him I'd like to think its because of a combination of tactics and what CH has seen on the training ground

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As it stands, Ali j is hopeless, izquierdo is way off it, no-one else springs to mind.....so knockeart should play on the basis of him being the least bad option.
That said, I wouldnt be surprised if he doesn’t make the squad

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He came straight back into the team after his red at Everton last year and played his part in earning valuable points at home to Spurs and up at Burnley before a MOTM against Man U, so I won’t be surprised to see him in the starting 11 against Newcastle, especially when the alternatives are a half-fit Izzy or Ali J.

People are way OTT about Knocky ‘letting us down’ anyway. He’s had 2 red cards in 3.5 seasons and both of them were in games that we were playing terribly in and already 0-2 down deep in the second half. Duffy’s red card against Palace was far more stupid, except he gets a pass because the rest of the team (Knocky included) played their socks off and managed to make up for the extra man.

Yoda

English & European
He became our driving force in staying up after he got himself stupidly sent off last season at Everton, so why not again this?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
When he's good he's very good and when he's bad he's awful.

He also prefers to try and go alone spectacularly rather than pass to someone who has an easier attempt to score (though the fact that no-one can score makes this not quite so annoying at the moment).

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
He's a goalscorer in a team desperate for a goal.
He's a game changer, when he's in the mood.
He's currently better than Ali J or Izquierdo.
He loves the club, the shirt and the fans.

Spot on - and even those saying no aren't actually disputing any of this.

And the third point is the most important. He is vastly superior to Izzy in his current state and Ali J. If Fulham has won before we play this will be the most important game possibly ever for the club. Have to play out best side.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

D

Deleted member 2719

Some players hide when things are going against them, that is absolutely not AK. He is over emotional and it sometimes comes out badly, like against Bournemouth. If we are talking a player you want to give everything AK is your man. The occasional brain freezes are what you get but you also get the goal against Palace.

I bloody love AK, be a sad day when he leaves,

If only we had more AK's.

But I suppose they would all be on the bench under Chris.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Some players hide when things are going against them, that is absolutely not AK. He is over emotional and it sometimes comes out badly, like against Bournemouth. If we are talking a player you want to give everything AK is your man. The occasional brain freezes are what you get but you also get the goal against Palace.

I bloody love AK, be a sad day when he leaves,

I don't mind if he's passionate, but against Bournemouth there were at least a couple of occasions where he gave the ball away and stood around blaming other players, rather than trying to win it back. That's no use to anyone. I tend to agree he's just about worth the risk for his game-changing ability, but if he doesn't cut out the 'blame game' antics, he'll never make it as a worthwhile PL player in my opinion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Izzy isn't fit, AJ hasn't shown anything to warrant starting ahead of a fit and available Knocky. Despite his occasional recklessness he is our most creative and exciting player and he owes everyone a performance after Bournemouth.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Would it not be a good idea for Knocky to start against Newcastle and be given the opportunity to repay the club and fans for his ridiculous red card tackle.

He remains our most creative attacking player and would I expect be super keen to make amends.

What do ya all think?

I would be surprised if he plays for the Albion again..???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here