Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocking this drinking lark on the head

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Do some research about alcohol and liver function, I'm not an expert but I've been reading alot about this stuff recently for other reasons. Alcohol messes with all sorts of hormones, at a guess it's probably something along those lines.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I do not drink much these days but when we all get together for a good night out including a club and a full english at 3 in the morning you can blow over £100 which is really stupid.
However if you do go out on the blast the answer is very simple for a good nights sleep and only a wee hangover.
1. Do not mix your drinks ie ale, wine and spirits. Ale and cider is ok.
2. Stay off the shots especially tequila
3. The most important one. Drink water before you go out, drink a glass of water between each drink and drink as much water as you can before you go to bed.
4. Eat something on the way home.
Works for me all the time. 7 to 10 pints and i feel ok next day.
And i am a bit of a lightweight

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I do not drink much these days but when we all get together for a good night out including a club and a full english at 3 in the morning you can blow over £100 which is really stupid.
However if you do go out on the blast the answer is very simple for a good nights sleep and only a wee hangover.
3. The most important one. Drink water before you go out, drink a glass of water between each drink and drink as much water as you can before you go to bed.

I'm not sure the water in between each drink is practical as much as it's a very good idea.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Not because i don't enjoy it, not because of the cost or the fact it's not partucularly good for you. I#m just fed up of going out and having a few beers then waking up at stupid oclock ( 3 in the morning today) then being unable to get back to sleep, WTF is all that about?

Any heart palpitations with it?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Knocking this drinking lark on the head

a-lark-drinking.jpg

But that would be cruel.

D

Deleted member 18477

Haven't drunk for 3 months! Made the most of it by hitting up the gym lots and eating clean! I didn't plan to not drink, it's just happened as my circle of friends have started to move towns (well London) or not go out as much themselves (the ones that are left). I actually now prefer this lifestyle.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ

if I did that id piss the bed (mrs not happy) or wake up on the sofa with a suspicious wet patch on the carpet (put empty glass on its side in middle of wet patch =mrs ok!)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was drinking 3/4 times a week a fair few years back, and it got to the point where I wasn't getting to sleep till 3am or thereabouts. I went out with a mate over an Xmas and had a few Stellas in the afternoon, and then got a headache around 6pm. WTF! Same day hangover! At that point I kicked it from New Year's Day, and stayed off for four days short of two years, but had to toast my brother off at his wake :bigwave: Haven't got back to the levels of drinking from before, so no probs :thumbsup:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
My body weight is good, I can run 5k without tiring (the engine is good but the bodywork creaks) I'm not too far off 60 and I drink. Always have a couple of days off after some heavy sessions and I don't drink during the day but my night time drinking is the high side of social. I sleep great. In fact, I sleep better after a skinful than when I've not had a drink. WTF?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
3 years ago my company made my position "zero tolerance" for alcohol, with random breath testing. Many guys just couldn't deal with it & got duly fired when testing positive.
I do 3 month contracts where I don't touch a drop & to be honest I don't miss it. The thing I have noticed is that I am even more of a major light-weight when I'm home. I can't actually remember the last time I even felt anywhere near pissed. I seem to enjoy a couple & that's my lot, just feel bloated.
I'm also not even sure what I like to drink anymore; I'll be heading for a nice cool cider in 6 days when I get home I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here