Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockeart - France

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My comment that Kinsley Coman is 'promising' is ridiculous, come to think of it.

The lad is TWENTY years old, and has ALREADY:

Won the French league twice.
Won two French Cups
Won Serie A
Won the Coppa Italia
Won the Bundesliga
Won the German Cup
Played in a Champions League Final

Yeah Kingsley Coman is already amazing.

The notion that AK is anywhere near that squad - and I bow to no one in my adoration of AK - is ridiculous.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
My comment that Kinsley Coman is 'promising' is ridiculous, come to think of it.

Won two French Cups
Won Serie A
Won the Coppa Italia
Won the Bundesliga
Won the German Cup

Sorry to be a pedant..... but you missed his appearance in the EURO 2016 final for France.....where he got a runners up medal......

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Won two French Cups
Won Serie A
Won the Coppa Italia
Won the Bundesliga
Won the German Cup

But is he any good in bed? Because if he isn't.....I'M OUT!

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Yeah Kingsley Coman is already amazing.

The notion that AK is anywhere near that squad - and I bow to no one in my adoration of AK - is ridiculous.

This. France have an embarrassment of riches to choose from. AK is undoubtedly an outstanding player for us, but until he can prove it consistently at a higher level he doesn't have much of a chance of making that French squad.

Dunk making the England squad would be a far more realistic prospect.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Um...nope. Great player for us, and should be treasured for as long as we have him, but to think that a player from the Championship would get into that squad is just wrong.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Won two French Cups
Won Serie A
Won the Coppa Italia
Won the Bundesliga
Won the German Cup

Of course really Coman was just at clubs who did those things, he only made three appearances for PSG, and 15 for Juve. He can claim the German ones though I suppose.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
So that makes me an imbecile because i pulled you up on something you got wrong even after i explained it to you why we needed another CB? Thanks :):-

Well done you and well done for posting it on a Knockeart topic. As I'm sure you can appreciate, I'm totally gutted Duffy turned into a great bit of business and has strengthened us further :ffsparr:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Won two French Cups
Won Serie A
Won the Coppa Italia
Won the Bundesliga
Won the German Cup

Agreed. He looks a fantastic player when I've seen him on TV. Very odd that Juventus would loan him to Bayern for two years before making them sign him permanently. Surely he is good enough for the Juventus side and, if not, sell him rather than loan him to another big club.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Due to France's huge depth of talent...

I would say we are much, much closer to be talking about Dunk in an England shirt , than AK in a French one.

In fact, I'd be more keen to see If Knocky had any English grand-parentage....!!!

I agree. There can't be many English centre backs between Keane and Dunk. When he is a Premier League player next year (whether with us or for another club), I'm confident Dunk will be close to a call up if he carries on this form.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
AK has appeared for France at under 21 level but not had a sniff since 2012 never say never but at this moment he is a long way down the pecking order if we get promoted however and he shines in the PL then anything can happen especially as at 24 years of age time is still on his side and baring bad injuries could easily have another 6 to 10 years in the game

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed. He looks a fantastic player when I've seen him on TV. Very odd that Juventus would loan him to Bayern for two years before making them sign him permanently. Surely he is good enough for the Juventus side and, if not, sell him rather than loan him to another big club.

Bayern are paying (7?) MILLIONS for the two-year loan though, and there is an agreed purchase price at the end of it.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Congratulations on your totally irrelevant post.

sandow.jpg

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
With limited knowledge of the others only what i see on the telly right this minute i would agree with you , some of the stuff he manages to do with a football is ridiculous , if i had been a floating supporter and came to the amex for the 1st time and watched Knockaert i think i would want to go again , one of those players you would enjoy watching no matter who he plays for .

9da3503176d955107ef867d5232088c5.jpg

My idea of a floating supporter is quite different.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club

Won two French Cups
Won Serie A
Won the Coppa Italia
Won the Bundesliga
Won the German Cup

But is he any good in bed? Because if he isn't.....I'M OUT!

2C26D6EF00000578-0-image-a-25_1441902176252.jpg

He does have a strange way of pressing on nipples!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If Knockaert was making fools out of PL defenders as he's doing in the Championship then he'd have to be worthy of consideration. I doubt he's anywhere near their radar (let alone on it) playing in the English second division.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Just a thought, isn't there some sort of rule where players who have lived in a country a certain amount of time can "naturalize" if they've played a certain amount of times? Maybe We could get knocky playing for England?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just a thought, isn't there some sort of rule where players who have lived in a country a certain amount of time can "naturalize" if they've played a certain amount of times? Maybe We could get knocky playing for England?

There is (6 years?) but if they've played any COMPETITIVE fixtures at U-21 level for their own country, then they are tied to that nation.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There is (6 years?) but if they've played any COMPETITIVE fixtures at U-21 level for their own country, then they are tied to that nation.

Is this correct? I thought it was only competitive FULL internationals that generally tied a player to that country. I would be interested to see a source, if you have one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here