Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes I agree.

Sheer stupidity, but his workrate today was really good.

Compare that to AJ who so far has offered nothing, I know who I would keep.

However, all of that said I think Chris has had enough and will offload him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris won’t be here to make that decision.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Cannot defend the red card one bit. He deserved it.

So frustrating that he has so much passion when he plays, and a love for the club, but in the Premier League you can't carry a loose cannon unless he has god-like ability. Knocky does not have god-like ability, unless he's mugging off donkeys in the Championship.

I think we'll keep him if we go down, and he'll be gone if we stay up - but I'll miss him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps we should cash in on him and sell him in the summer to a Championship side where he will once again thrive but not step up to Premier level if the team get promoted

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What's worse is that rush of blood ruled him out of today and two other season-defining matches.

Our best football today was when he, Montoya and Bissouma tormented Ake in the first half. He still has a place in this squad but he is way too temperamental to be a consistently top quality Prem player and his decision making is iffy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think he should stay next season, we all know the Championship is his level and we're going to need all the players we can get after the mass exodus to keep costs down.

Right. That's two 'keep AK for the championship' posts I have read in a row. **** that. If we lose to Cardiff we sack Hughton and put Bruno in temporary charge. **** me. I cannot believe people are thinking about a sentimental start in the Championship when we are still 5 points off the drop. With that attitude we are doomed already.

I recon the owner is having a long hard think right now. People think we are down with a 5 point gap? There can be only one reason for this. CH has lost the team. If he has we have to get over the sentiment and the club must act.

With a 5 point gap we have more than a chance of staying up. We should be odds on. It does not feel like odds on. Lose to Cardiff we are dead.

So what is the CH plan? What has he said to Tony this evening? I would not be shocked if there is an announcement tomorrow.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
He was the only player trying today at least he show passion.

Passion?
Blaming anyone and everyone everyone he loses the ball, costing us goal and then getting sent off. He’s not a team player, he can’t control his emotions or temper and think he’s far better than he actually is.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Right. That's two 'keep AK for the championship' posts I have read in a row. **** that. If we lose to Cardiff we sack Hughton and put Bruno in temporary charge. **** me. I cannot believe people are thinking about a sentimental start in the Championship when we are still 5 points off the drop. With that attitude we are doomed already.

I recon the owner is having a long hard think right now. People think we are down with a 5 point gap? There can be only one reason for this. CH has lost the team. If he has we have to get over the sentiment and the club must act.

With a 5 point gap we have more than a chance of staying up. We should be odds on. It does not feel like odds on. Lose to Cardiff we are dead.

So what is the CH plan? What has he said to Tony this evening? I would not be shocked if there is an announcement tomorrow.

Id be hugely surprised if theres an announcement tomorrow at this stage of the season

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

We are literally odds on to stay up. You can get 10/1 with most bookies for us to be relegated; Cardiff are 1/16 on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are literally odds on to stay up. You can get 10/1 with most bookies for us to be relegated; Cardiff are 1/16 on.

I might have a slice of that. I have only bet once in my life (on a dog that, in the end, didn't run; I think it was called 'sad ken'). If I bet on us going down it is absolutely nailed on we will stay up. Frankly, I recon this is a better plan than relying on Hughton and his tactics. Thanks for that - I'm feeling much better now :rave:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I might have a slice of that. I have only bet once in my life (on a dog that, in the end, didn't run; I think it was called 'sad ken'). If I bet on us going down it is absolutely nailed on we will stay up. Frankly, I recon this is a better plan than relying on Hughton and his tactics. Thanks for that - I'm feeling much better now :rave:

Get that bet on now !!!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think I've seen such an obvious red card at The Amex. Even my 50 year old eyes could tell that tackle meant instant dismissal. He got away with one at Palace but not today.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
hit with pace on the break? I admire your optimism but where will that pace come from? I don’t think we have any and therein lies the problem. Clubs like us who play defensively in most matches need pace to play on the break and we’ve rarely done that. That’s one reason why bournemouth and southampton were better than us - faster on the break, more direct and clinical.

^^^ this ^^^

D

Deleted member 2719

I disagree. After the performance today I think numerous fingers can be pointed in numerous directions and Knocky is most definitely one of them. Let himself down, let the team down and he let us down. The game may or may not have been lost by the time he was sent off, but I’d rather have lost by 2 than a shameful 5. I’ve not often felt embarrassed at supporting this club but today was one of them.

When we went down to 9 against Burnley we still hung in there together and didn't crumble like a team with zero confidence.
Knocky should not be shouldering the blame, he was wrong but just maybe he frustration and his pumped-up winning mentality just left him after such an appaling first 68mins of nothing.
If Bruno was on I am sure it wouldn't have happened.
It really didn't cost us the match, if anything you could argue the boys will be hurting more than ever conceeding 5 at home and SHOULD come out fighting Tuesday if Hughtons formation and negative set up isn't in place.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hit with pace on the break? I admire your optimism but where will that pace come from? I don’t think we have any and therein lies the problem. Clubs like us who play defensively in most matches need pace to play on the break and we’ve rarely done that. That’s one reason why Bournemouth and Southampton were better than us - faster on the break, more direct and clinical.

Exactly. We can't do it, as it is not deemed a priority; rather we defend and try to stop the opposition.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Please place that bet

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
When we went down to 9 against Burnley we still hung in there together and didn't crumble like a team with zero confidence.
Knocky should not be shouldering the blame, he was wrong but just maybe he frustration and his pumped-up winning mentality just left him after such an appaling first 68mins of nothing.
If Bruno was on I am sure it wouldn't have happened.
It really didn't cost us the match, if anything you could argue the boys will be hurting more than ever conceeding 5 at home and SHOULD come out fighting Tuesday if Hughtons formation and negative set up isn't in place.

I hope you’re right about Tuesday. The numerous posts on NSC tonight don’t lay the blame exclusively with Knocky and he may not have been the cause of our defeat.... but his behaviour certainly made it far less likely that we would make any sort of a comeback.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here