Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the story snowballs and it potentially puts a dent in the young man's recovery, I would have an issue with it.

If it’s a load of bollocks yes but if it’s not, how is it going to affect him anymore than it would if nothing was leaked?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
However a local newspaper should report the facts. The Manager says it was tactical and that's what he should be reporting. It's not quite on the proportions of what BG came out with but he is in effect questioning the ''Club Statement''

A bit of an exaggeration. He did report on that. On Saturday afternoon
https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/1079020937259962370

This is his analysis piece about the match. And its a very soberly made point that tactically it was a surprise for CH to pick an u23 striker in preference to AK when his other wingers were injured. Why should he not remark on it ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Knockaert was training this morning
via https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/december/gallery-the-final-session-of-2018/

knockaert.jpeg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm glad to see these photos, I was genuinely worried yesterday with the timing of the loan recall of Maguire-Drew that something serious has happened to Knocky.

We are well set to retain our Prem status and we don't need sideshows and distractions destabilising the ship.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you don't understand what the issue is with "passing on gossip" on the public internet, especially when it concerns one of our players, a guy who has had well documented mental health issues, then maybe you should post a tad less in 2019.

Well said. When alls said and done, it is stirring.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If it’s a load of bollocks yes but if it’s not, how is it going to affect him anymore than it would if nothing was leaked?

None of us know the reason.

If it's linked to Personal reasons then obviously the club and the player want to keep it private and given his history we should respect that and so should the local Press.

Personally I think it is something totally different not even touched on here.

I think it was tactical and more to do with Goykeres and less to do with Knockeart. So for BG and Naylor to be insinuating otherwise I think is the wrong thing to do given Knockeart's history

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There's a picture of our new defender Burn. Still no Izquierdo, seems to be another one dragging on.

He only has 4 fingers to. So doubt he’ll be an outfield player in goal ever

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
None of us know the reason.

If it's linked to Personal reasons then obviously the club and the player want to keep it private and given his history we should respect that and so should the local Press.

Personally I think it is something totally different not even touched on here.

I think it was tactical and more to do with Goykeres and less to do with Knockeart. So for BG and Naylor to be insinuating otherwise I think is the wrong thing to do given Knockeart's history

Exactly. People have spent months stating we should be giving Gyorkes or Connelly a go, and that they'd suit a 4-3-3 , then when one is on the bench in exactly that situation a few in the local and social media use it as an excuse for a snidey gossip.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

So Goykeres been training a lot better than Knockaert ? So will probably get a run of games on the bench now and not a 1 match thing ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
CH on AK's absence from squad v Everton: "Fine for West Ham. I have at the moment very good competition for places and probably with the change in formation I am able to be a little bit more tactical.
"It was solely tactical, yes he is in the squad for West Ham."
https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/1079739876239728646
Think he is playing it down. A youth product ahead of Knocky when we had no cover on the wings on the bench on Sat ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Think he is playing it down. A youth product ahead of Knocky when we had no cover on the wings on the bench on Sat ?

Agreed. I don’t think it’s to do with his problems and purely down to his behaviour at the Arsenal game. Sounds like it’s been handled well and dealt with internally but there is no possible reason why it is ‘Tactical’

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Exactly. People have spent months stating we should be giving Gyorkes or Connelly a go, and that they'd suit a 4-3-3 , then when one is on the bench in exactly that situation a few in the local and social media use it as an excuse for a snidey gossip.

Equating a local reporter pointing out its surprising that AK's was dropped on Saturday (probably Hughton's most surprising selection of the season) with this OP on this thread hearing about rows and transfers in the Bovril queue is a bit unfair. And yes CH has just confirmed your 4-3-3 point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Especially over the holiday period when we've had a run of two fixtures a week up to the 5th January.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Equating a local reporter pointing out its surprising that AK's was dropped on Saturday (probably Hughton's most surprising selection of the season) with this OP on this thread hearing about rows and transfers in the Bovril queue is a bit unfair. And yes CH has just confirmed your 4-3-3 point.

We may be in to semantics here but the quote was

"The official explanation was tactical, which was understandable in Bruno's case but not Knockaert's with two wingers out and under-23s prospect Viktor Gyokeres called up to the bench."

(my italics)

Andy Naylor has form for insinuation and euphamism and I think that's what he was attempting here. If not then it's a sad fact that he knows less about our under 23s than many posters on here, a forum whose users he regularly denigrates.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We may be in to semantics here but the quote was

"The official explanation was tactical, which was understandable in Bruno's case but not Knockaert's with two wingers out and under-23s prospect Viktor Gyokeres called up to the bench."

(my italics)

Andy Naylor has form for insinuation and euphamism and I think that's what he was attempting here. If not then it's a sad fact that he knows less about our under 23s than many posters on here, a forum whose users he regularly denigrates.

There's different interpretations here, agreed, - its the false equivalence with Bovril gossip that i think is pushing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here