Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Whether it has anything to do with his dad or not, we'll never know.

Personally I just think he's a bit out of form. Not all players, especially ones like AK can be amazing every single game. He's the type of player who has 5 or 6 storming games followed by 2 or 3 off games like last night. We just have to get used to that.

One thing I really like about CH is that he allows players to play their way back into form. He's done it to Sidwell and Bong (and to a certain extent Baldock) this season and I think it's a much better route than just sticking players on the bench and constantly chopping and changing.

I'm a bit torn on Baldock personally. He's a bit too far the other side of the acceptable line for me and although has 3 or 4 brilliant games, he then seems to follow them with 5 or 6 average games. That's not good enough for me and on that scale I'd encourage a bit of player rotation, but the problem is as we know we are lacking somebody to step in for Baldock.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whether it has anything to do with his dad or not, we'll never know.

Personally I just think he's a bit out of form. Not all players, especially ones like AK can be amazing every single game. He's the type of player who has 5 or 6 storming games followed by 2 or 3 off games like last night. We just have to get used to that.

One thing I really like about CH is that he allows players to play their way back into form. He's done it to Sidwell and Bong (and to a certain extent Baldock) this season and I think it's a much better route than just sticking players on the bench and constantly chopping and changing.

I'm a bit torn on Baldock personally. He's a bit too far the other side of the acceptable line for me and although has 3 or 4 brilliant games, he then seems to follow them with 5 or 6 average games. That's not good enough for me and on that scale I'd encourage a bit of player rotation, but the problem is as we know we are lacking somebody to step in for Baldock.

Murray and Baldock played a great 1-2 for Murray to get the space to score his goal. They have a great understanding together.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has been off form in the last couple of games and struggled but lets hope that he can tear Joe Bennett a new one next week and get back to form. This is assuming Bennett plays.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At least Knocky avoided a yellow card yesterday which would have earned him a suspension and I think I'm right in saying that under the totting up procedure they are now set back to zero.
As i understand it they still count but no suspension until the player reaches 10. Lewis Dunk apparently is on 7 so can expect a ban about Christmas.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As i understand it they still count but no suspension until the player reaches 10. Lewis Dunk apparently is on 7 so can expect a ban about Christmas.

CAUTIONS CUT OFF DATES (Inclusive)
5 (Premier League) 31 December
5 (English Football League, National League, Steps 2-4) 30 November
10 (Premier League) 2nd Sunday in April
10 (English Football League, National League) 2nd Sunday in March
15 End of Season

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think knocky is a hot and cold player. He's looked a little out of sorts for a while. The goal v Norwich put a gloss on an anonymous showing. There are opponents that will suit him and those that won't. But he will always be a threat that teams need to plan to counter (Fulham had two or three on him) so he'll make space for others, and then there's the occasional, unstoppable bit of football magic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think knocky is a hot and cold player. He's looked a little out of sorts for a while. The goal v Norwich put a gloss on an anonymous showing.
Absolute rot.

v Norwich he was clearly one of the best wingers on display, in the Championship, that weekend.

What he didn't do was produce a stellar Knockaert performance.
There's a huge difference and one that shouldn't be dismissed as an anonymous showing.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Absolute rot.

v Norwich he was clearly one of the best wingers on display, in the Championship, that weekend.

What he didn't do was produce a stellar Knockaert performance.
There's a huge difference and one that shouldn't be dismissed as an anonymous showing.

Must be great to know everything, be right all the time and be so aware of your own specialness that you're comfortable sharing it so widely with such definitiveness. The rest of us can only marvel and thank the gods that we have been gifted you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here