Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert – New Song, New Video

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's a one-minute football song. Chances are that it won't work. But our Anthony and our team don't accept barriers. Should we?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The case for the defence:

I've been thinking that we need one that acknowledges our defence as a unit. Although I haven't worked anything out, and feel I'm not capable in doing so, there are a few ideas to run with:

-- each four (current) defenders have got great names, that work even better together: Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
-- Bong rhymes with lots of useful defensive words: (our defence is) strong; (will keep a clean sheet all game) long; etc

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The influence of Dale Stephens and Mr Duffy has been immense over recent months, be nice to get a song going for them too.

If we're sticking with national anthems, how about this as a start for Stephens? (to God Save the Queen, obvs):

Please sign our contract Dale,
Don't go to Burnley Dale,
Please stay with us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If we're sticking with national anthems, how about this as a start for Stephens? (to God Save the Queen, obvs):

Please sign our contract Dale,
Please know you're not for sale,
Don't go to Burnley Dale,
Please stay with us.

der der der der der der...

Added the missing line.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And to be honest, it's shite.

The first and last lines are correct, the rest are highly contentious, bordering on wrong.

La Marseillaise works much better and, as Hull City fans reminded us, we are practically French.

When have words ever mattered in a football song? It's all about the hook, and this just doesn't have it.

You can't possibly say it works better because it hasn't been sung at an Albion match, and it never will. In fact I'll bet you £20 to REMF that the OP's song is never sung by more than 50 people at a Brighton match.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I've been working on this song for some time and, coincidentally, was planning to upload a final edit this very evening. Given today's shocking news, maybe this could act in some way as a tribute to Anthony Knockaert, and his family.

I know we don't do long songs at the Amex. But, at the very least, maybe people could sing the last four lines?

(The link Knockaert Marseillaise is to a BT Cloud account, and it's probably best to click the download option under More at the top right hand side. Please tell me if it doesn't work!)

Brilliant work. I hope Knocky gets to see this.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just watched it, and it's wonderful! I don't think much of my chances getting it going in the east stand family section, but please north stand give it a go!

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Ant'ny, An-tho-ny
Ant'ny, An-tho-ny
Knockaert, Knockaert
Tears teams apart
And gets the victory.

Just the above realistically for it to catch on.

I like it except for the last line. How about:

Ant'ny, An-tho-ny
Ant'ny, An-tho-ny
Knockaert, Knockaert
Tears teams apart
J'adore, Mon An-tho-ny

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Hi GT, you may recall that I've responded on this before, on another thread you started in early Sept. At the time, I said:

I really like this, and was in favour of it when the OP initially posted it a few weeks ago. My lad and I gave it a whirl at the end of the Rotherham game in the WSL. It bought about a few smiles from nearby fans but no-one else joined in, as we'd gone past the 85th minute Amex exodus trigger and the crowd was thinning out. I'd be in favour of the 5 line chorus only and in the version we sang I went with "And on to victory" for the final line (personal preference). This is a simple chant, relevant tune-lyric combo and IMO will not be bettered as a Knocky song. If the North Stand gets this going vs Brentford (a Saturday, 3pm home game, no less!) then it'll surely catch on. Allez l'Albion!

My view on that hasn't changed and I really hope it gets an airing on Saturday At Bristol City. Good luck with that. Sadly, I can't make that due to another commitment but hope to hear it sung at the Amex when we play Villa in a couple of weeks time.:thumbsup::albion2:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Loving it as the chorus only, if we all stood up,put our left hand inside out jacket and saluted, it would look amazing

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'm just being honest. We can't even unite on the words "stand or fall" in GOSBTS before the game starts which is just 10 seconds long. La Marseillaise goes on for a minute.

Well I agree with you on that one, the inability for people to be able to sing Stand or Fall when it is the correct words AND on the screen still baffles me.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I've been working on this song for some time and, coincidentally, was planning to upload a final edit this very evening. Given today's shocking news, maybe this could act in some way as a tribute to Anthony Knockaert, and his family.

I know we don't do long songs at the Amex. But, at the very least, maybe people could sing the last four lines?

(The link Knockaert Marseillaise is to a BT Cloud account, and it's probably best to click the download option under More at the top right hand side. Please tell me if it doesn't work!)

Absolutely brilliant - take a bow !
If I could suggest one small tweak for the last line and have:

Ant'ny, An-tho-ny
Ant'ny, An-tho-ny
Knockaert, Knockaert
Tears teams apart
HE'S AN-THONY KNOCKAERT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here