Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
What’s that? As defenders.

Well March was tried as a number 10 previously. Then there's the flexible midfielder who can drift out to the wings but spend more time in tighter formation closer to the centre. And Brian Owen in the Argus today said that "Hughton has since been succeeded by a head coach who, it is anticipated, may well make less use of out-and-out wingers."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
16 days, or Ali J / Solly will have to step up.

Exciting isn't it ? :)

Only in a “**** me have we got this week’s winning lottery numbers”

Chances are we haven’t and excitement will turn to dismay pretty quickly

Maybe we will be buying some winning tickets before the window closes :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I doubt many clubs have got their squad fully assembled yet. Its the same every single year, increasing panic setting in as the clock ticks down. I don't believe our business is finished yet, and we've done alright these last few years to get us over the line. If this is the final squad when the window shuts, then thats the time to start spraying piss everywhere. Till then, I'm not going to fret it.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe

I'm far from a club apologist, but first season in the premier league excepted, I'm reasonably confident that the club know what they are doing most of the time and that there are plenty of irons in the fire re: new players coming in and that something good will materialise. My bed-sheets are currently dry anyway (apart from a bit of night-time sweat, humid isn't it?).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I am guessing from some of your recent comments that you know more than most of us about why this transfer/loan happened?

Only some modest but telling changing room gossip, and stuff which was covered/shown on social media near the end of the season - none of which I'm going to repeat on here.

But, come on, if a transfer - any transfer - looks odd at face value there's clearly something going on behind the scenes.

The move is blatantly not about the number of goals scored or chances made.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm far from a club apologist, but first season in the premier league excepted, I'm reasonably confident that the club know what they are doing most of the time and that there are plenty of irons in the fire re: new players coming in and that something good will materialise. My bed-sheets are currently dry anyway (apart from a bit of night-time sweat, humid isn't it?).

Why first season accepted? Thought that first transfer window after being promoted has still been our strongest. Ryan, Gross, Propper, Izquierdo - all had a massive impact in staying up, comfortably in the end. Since then we appear to have struggled to find the same level of players that can slot straight into the side and hit the ground running.

Where I am is that I'm really unconvinced by Montoya, Bernardo looks good at times, but can be severely exposed when bullied, we must all agree Locadia and Jahanbakhsh to this point have been incredibly disappointing. Andone has yet to show consistency, with Bissouma probably being the one player who really did start to impress, but in positions we are already strong in.

We cannot afford another window where we sign players that don't bed in. I'll go as far as to say survival is dependent on the business we do between now and the end of August. We got away with a poor transfer window last summer - just, these next 5 weeks are massive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only some modest but telling changing room gossip, and stuff which was covered/shown on social media near the end of the season - none of which I'm going to repeat on here.

But, come on, if a transfer - any transfer - looks odd at face value there's clearly something going on behind the scenes.

The move is blatantly not about the number of goals scored or chances made.

Which is fine on one side of the coin e.g. Stockdale’s repeated ‘lack of fitness’ was a key reason for his departure. Kept in-house, and there may be undisclosed reasons for AK being deemed surplus to requirements,

On the other side of this player departure, we desperately need new players who can provide his (now missing) goals/assists, and much more besides, as we were shockingly uncreative.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why first season accepted? Thought that first transfer window after being promoted has still been our strongest. Ryan, Gross, Propper, Izquierdo - all had a massive impact in staying up, comfortably in the end. Since then we appear to have struggled to find the same level of players that can slot straight into the side and hit the ground running.

Where I am is that I'm really unconvinced by Montoya, Bernardo looks good at times, but can be severely exposed when bullied, we must all agree Locadia and Jahanbakhsh to this point have been incredibly disappointing. Andone has yet to show consistency, with Bissouma probably being the one player who really did start to impress, but in positions we are already strong in.

We cannot afford another window where we sign players that don't bed in. I'll go as far as to say survival is dependent on the business we do between now and the end of August. We got away with a poor transfer window last summer - just, these next 5 weeks are massive.

Alternatively giving the manager players to suit the style. That patently did not happen last season with the big money buys. None had played as defenders with attacking abilities which is what CH would have been requiring.

Maybe they will suit Potter’s tactics and therefore not too many will be required this year

Who knows? Not me that’s for sure but we are about to embark on a new chapter. Hopefully an exciting one.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well March was tried as a number 10 previously. Then there's the flexible midfielder who can drift out to the wings but spend more time in tighter formation closer to the centre. And Brian Owen in the Argus today said that "Hughton has since been succeeded by a head coach who, it is anticipated, may well make less use of out-and-out wingers."

I was questioning the out and out use of wingers. Hughton never did employ them, he employed them mostly as defenders, allowing the wide defenders to retreat to the penalty box.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Sorry to upset you and I think a few others but the window closes 8th August in the Premier League

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I don’t mean to alarm you but the window closes at 5pm on August 8th. We’ve got 16 days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

5 weeks?

Try sixteen days...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry to upset you and I think a few others but the window closes 8th August in the Premier League

I don’t mean to alarm you but the window closes at 5pm on August 8th. We’ve got 16 days.

5 weeks?

Try sixteen days...

8982_320.jpg

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe

The one where we didn't sign a striker - when was that? #senile

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Positions we are already strong in. CM? You've got to be kidding - CM has got to be our priority to strengthen, it's our weakest link! Yes, I'm aware that some people think all our problems will be solved if we get a new striker - but even Messi wouldn't score many with the lack of supply and support provided by our usually over-run midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here