Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Why can't Dyche get more out of them ? Barely finished above us ? How come ?

He tried a new formation and style of play which is why they were so dire at the start of the season, when he reverted to type they gathered points very quickly. You either knew that already but were hoping I didn’t, or you didn’t know, which is a surprise as you seem to be quite the know it all.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm just making the point that there's plenty of time to make some significant signings.
Whether they are successful or not is another issue.
I assume you think we've signed 1-2 decent players in the last few years.

You assume incorrectly, but until we sign some more players I reserve the right to be a bit concerned that our weak squad won’t be up to the task in hand.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And Ali J, Locadia and Izquierdo ARE good enough?

Tony Bloom knows as it stands we can’t get our money back let alone make a profit on those.

We have too many wingers and we managed to make a £10M profit on Knockaert.

Were any Premier League clubs in for him do we know?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We probably do have to get rid of some players to make room in our 25 man squad, especially non-HGPs - and maybe we haven't had any offers for anyone else? :shrug:

So are you thinking then that we're going to get a HGP in that position who is better than Knocky?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The King is dead, long live the king (who that might be).

Knocky was brilliant in the Championship very few players can create a buzz of excitement when they get the ball but in the Championship you were willing someone to give him the ball. His partnership with Bruno was brilliant.

If your honest he rarely created that buzz in the Premier, I often felt in the last two seasons that if Knocky hadn't beaten his marker in the first ten / fifteen minutes you could have taken him off, his game is very based on confidence.

I wish him a fantastic future and feel the move is right for all parties.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tony Bloom knows as it stands we can’t get our money back let alone make a profit on those.

Absolutely this. Not seen a single report anywhere that a PL club is interested. Best of luck to him, will always be part of some of the best times.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Wages freed. Got to be £45K per week extra for the new striker now.

Well, it's been reported that he's been offered £40K per week to go to Fulham. If that's right, then probably he's not going to take a £5k pay cut to drop a division.

More likely he was on approx £30K and he's moved for wages. £30K won't get us far if we're looking to sign someone at least as good as him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A lot of competition, what a bunch of horse shit, competition maybe but it’s not exactly high quality is it. Alireza is utter **** :lol:

No he isn't. Really, he isn't. :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8997606]Utter bollocks. Mitrovic is easily good enough for the Premier League - 11 goals last season in an underperforming side.

Really? Fulham scored loads of goals for their position... their problems were defending.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8997606 said:
Utter bollocks. Mitrovic is easily good enough for the Premier League - 11 goals last season in an underperforming side.

More than Murray!

Oh, hang on.......

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The only surprise for me, is that its a loan with the option to buy at an agreed fee at the end of the deal.

Does this mean that if Fulham come back up they will pull out of the deal as Knockaert isnot seem as PL standard by other PL teams

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

We will find out by November whether Ali J and Big Jurgs are good enough. I am certainly not going to make a judgement yet. Likewise, I wouldn't make a judgement about a car if I had mostly kept it in the garage just driven it round to the shops a few times.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Sorry, you seem to be posting as if you know my thoughts?

Burnley have a better squad than us, they’ve signed two seasoned Premier League players, financial out lay is irrelevant.

Sheff Utd have improved their squad, including a shrewd free transfer in Jagielka.

Newcastle finished above us last season, they’ve lost two strikers are buying one at least, not sure that makes their squad as weak as ours.

As it stands our squad is actually weaker than the one that finished last season.

Oh course I know your thoughts, you keep posting them on here.

Thankfully the experts who get paid to think on behalf of the club dont think along the same lines as you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here