Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'm Genuinely confused with our transfer strategy at the moment. Buying another CB (not really needed) getting cover of Jose (yes makes sense) however after that no idea.....

Are we doing things on the cheap? How can PB complain about how depressing fees are etc and then let our most creative player leave on LOAN?

As for new players??? it is getting to a stage that if people think that the squad will dramatically improve over night with the kids now playing I feel we are being a little naive.. PL players are expensive and we seem to be falling behind in this matter at the moment...things need to start happening quickly..

We really do need a CM who is a CLEAR improvement on what we have. We also need a RB who is at least decent backup to Montoya but preferably better at defending. That's the absolute bare minimum. A striker would be great too.
Looks like Alzate will be the only yoof featuring tomorrow, so it's not like we have any great hope in the kids filling the gaps either.

Interesting few weeks coming up......

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Absolutely disgusted with this deal.. if the details released are true.

There has to be more to it. There just has to be.

1) Do we need to sell? No, we’re in our 3rd season as a lucrative PL club, we don’t need to raise funds?

2) so the offer has to be ‘snap your hand off’ worthy. 10m in today’s market is a complete joke.

3) does he still have something to offer our squad? 100% yes!! Knockeart has and always will be a maverick, game changing talent. We don’t have many of those.

4) has he underperformed? Arguably yes, but that applies to all our attacking players except Murray.

I assumed all players would get a shot under Potter and had quiet hopes Knocky would flourish under his more flowing offensive style.

There has to be more then meets the eye. A falling out. Something.

Absolutely cracking deal for Fulham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It doesn't work like that.....after Trussard and to conform with Ftp we've probably got not much more than 20m left... that's a striker and nothing else.... and we've just spent 1m with add on on Richards....

Would love to proven wrong with data however...

... and then there's only having 25 players over 21....

No, it really does work like that.

We are in the green as it stands, having spent the best part of 60M each PL season.

This summer is no different and we are yet spent spend anywhere near 60M, in fact with this deal done we are nearing break even on ins and outs.

We could spend more than 60M and still be in the green.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
No, it really does work like that.

We are in the green as it stands, having spent the best part of 60M each PL season.

This summer is no different yet we are yet spent spend anywhere near 60M, in fact with this deal done we are nearing break even on ins and outs.

We could spend more than 60M and still be in the green.

Especially as we're selling Dunk.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It doesn't work like that.....after Trussard and to conform with Ftp we've probably got not much more than 20m left... that's a striker and nothing else.... and we've just spent 1m with add on on Richards....

Would love to proven wrong with data however...

... and then there's only having 25 players over 21....

It doesn’t work like that.

@El Pres confirmed earlier in this window, when I asked, that our transfer fee budget is at least equal to last summer’s. With only £17m spent so far, we have £43m plus the money from AK’s sale to spend on further fees alone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know this wasn’t aimed at me. But I’m going to go with incompetence.

Look at recent signings, then look at our gaps, and then look at what are we doing to fill those gaps. Not great, is it? We are poor at the business of finding, keeping and motivating talent.

Thanks for that. OK...

Finding....not relevant here
Keeping....well I'd say we have been keeping what we have very well. Sad to see Ulloa go but can't recall any other recent fails. I exclude AK....as it isn't a continuation of a pattern.
Motivating....ah, yes indeed. Perhaps if we get rid of Hughton......oh :shrug:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It doesn’t work like that.

@El Pres confirmed earlier in this window, when I asked, that our transfer fee budget is at least equal to last summer’s. With only £17m spent so far, we have £43m plus the money from AK’s sale to spend on further fees alone.

Hope you're right..... so 53m in the kitty approx..... let's see how far that goes....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hope you're right..... so 53m in the kitty approx..... let's see how far that goes....

If TB spends it, I hope.

If we fight a solitary battle against market forces and refuse to pay what the competition is spending, we’ll be more than likely looking at Championship football in August 2020.

Shirley TB won’t throw away the PL cash cow, that makes this club financially viable.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Lot of over reaction on here tonight about a player who has continually flattered to deceive at PL level and cannot adapt his style to the demands needed. At Championship level, he can get away with his extravagant over-playing and regular mistakes. On the highest stage, he veers between occasional moments of brilliance and being a liability. His recklessness v Bournemouth was staggeringly poor.

He cannot defend for toffee and always seems capable of a critical mistake at the worst of times. Opening day at Watford, just after HT, loses the ball on the edge of his own box, result goal as we are trying to get back into the game. Away at City, half an hour in, doing ok. Knocky, in their half, turns and plays the ball without looking. Result, goal. Away at Chelsea, 30 minutes in, doing ok, stands off Chelsea player, allowing low cross to near post. Result, goal. Just a few moments in a catalogue of Knocky errors. Throw in hissy fits, flouncing, constant diving and other issues and you get the package. A player constantly frustrated that he fails to deliver what he regularly served up in the Championship.

Leicester got rid of him because they didn't consider him consistent enough for the PL. We are doing the same.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Lot of over reaction on here tonight about a player who has continually flattered to deceive at PL level and cannot adapt his style to the demands needed. At Championship level, he can get away with his extravagant over-playing and regular mistakes. On the highest stage, he veers between occasional moments of brilliance and being a liability. His recklessness v Bournemouth was staggeringly poor.
He cannot defend for toffee and always seems capable of a critical mistake at the worst of times. Opening day at Watford, just after HT, loses the ball on the edge of his own box, result goal as we are trying to get back into the game. Away at City, half an hour in, doing ok. Knocky, in their half, turns and plays the ball without looking. Result, goal. Away at Chelsea, 30 minutes in, doing ok, stands off Chelsea player, allowing low cross to near post. Result, goal. Just a few moments in a catalogue of Knocky errors. Throw in hissy fits, flouncing, constant diving and other issues and you get the package. A player constantly frustrated that he fails to deliver what he regularly served up in the Championship.
Leicester got rid of him because they didn't consider him consistent enough for the PL. We are doing the same.

Interesting that you reel off more errors from memory than our other wingers, besides March, conjured up in moments of merit the entire season.

He's made mistakes, but at least you can countenance them with at least as many assists and moments of brilliance.

I'm curious to know if your opinion is as scathing of our other wingers, who each make as many mistakes minus the red mist.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Knocky to Fulham?

Makes sense, good move for him and the club.

As legendary as these players will always be to us, it’s time to move on from the players who are not quite good enough for us anymore. Stephens and Murray next.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Makes sense, good move for him and the club.

As legendary as these players will always be to us, it’s time to move on from the players who are not quite good enough for us anymore. Stephens and Murray next.

Sure why not.

Throw away most of our goals and our spine along with our assists.

We already offed a capable manager so it'll just be our solidity at the back left (Dunk) to oust for a full house.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

Whilst I agree with most of that, that last paragraph isn't actually true, they offered him a new deal but he rejected it due to lack of game time presumably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here